Backed by leading VCs in Europe and the US, Cervest is a pioneering climate tech company building the world’s first open access AI-powered Climate Intelligence platform. Climate Intelligence is business intelligence for quantifying climate risk. Our mission: to embed Climate Intelligence in all key business decisions to ensure the long term resilience of our most important assets, including the one we all share — our planet.
Globally, businesses and governments are realising that quantifying the risk and opportunity posed by an increasingly uncertain climate is critical to their success. Cervest is at the forefront of addressing this need. As a company, we are a pro-diversity, highly inclusive organisation, committed to bringing together people of all backgrounds and enabling them to succeed. We know that a richly diverse team will help us achieve our mission sooner.
After a period of R&D and customer trialing, we’ve developed an AI-powered platform for automated and personalised Climate Intelligence insights, built to bridge the translation gap between a business user’s awareness of climate risk and the need to take action. Our personalised Climate Intelligence offers an interconnected and unified assessment of an organisation’s climate risk across all its assets for any timescale and any scenario, anywhere on Earth. These insights can be integrated into all business decisions. The result: better, climate-secure decisions in real-time for the days, years and decades to come.
It’s an exciting time to join Cervest. Our inaugural product, EarthScanTM, will launch in 2021. EarthScanTM is an on-demand climate risk discovery tool that measures the physical risk to all fixed assets that are owned, managed or relied upon by an enterprise. It is served up via a digital UI and API.
Through EarthScanTM , Cervest is making Climate Intelligence openly accessible and free to everyone.
EarthScanTM Premium (paid) gives enterprise and government users access to unlimited private asset upload and analysis.
As a Product Marketing Manager, you will work closely with marketing team colleagues as well as product and sales to increase awareness, understanding, business value and customer ‘stickiness’ of our Climate Intelligence Platform, beginning with our flagship product, EarthScanTM. By developing strategies and collateral to clearly articulate the user benefits of the platform, you will position Cervest as the only serious choice for climate risk analysis among our target enterprise customers. This is an opportunity to work alongside a passionate team focussed on one mission. We’re looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual who understands product marketing fundamentals and can equip our team with strong product positioning and messaging, effective training / collateral, competitive insights, and overall insight about the buyer’s journey.
You’ll be responsible for:
We’re a startup, so you’ll have to be comfortable rolling up your sleeves and doing whatever is required to support our mission. However, you can definitely expect to:
- Develop product marketing strategies, clear positioning /messaging and customer-focused value propositions for our enterprise Climate Intelligence platform offerings, starting with EarthScanTM
- Collaborate with business development, product, and marketing teams to optimise target personas, customer journeys, and effective go-to-market strategies
- Create and deliver our technical and business-level product messaging specifically for commercial audiences
- Translate technical details, product features and functionality into meaningful benefits for the buyer
- Oversee the iteration and implementation of our Early Access Program (i.e. Beta program)
- Test marketing product features, releases and marketing copy
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to ensure a customer-centric viewpoint is embedded into the product development cycle
- Collaborate with marketing team members to develop compelling messaging for demand gen campaigns, webinars, events, content, etc. across marketing channels
- Support our sales efforts by developing enabling collateral for all stages of the sales cycle, including whitepapers, playbooks, call scripts, presentation decks, etc.
- Collaborate with the sales and marketing teams to ensure the flow of competitor, industry, and customer feedback to the product, engineering and science team, to help build amazing products
- Follow and analyse market trends to position products
- Own competitor tracking and analysis
- Develop, analyse and report product marketing KPIs
- You have a minimum 4+ years of product marketing experience with direct experience working with a SaaS product and enterprise marketing & sales organisations
- You have previous experience in product marketing for a technical product, in a role that required both strategy and execution
- You live and breathe enterprise B2B product marketing and have demonstrable examples of your strategic and tactical work
- You feel at home speaking with commercial, executive and technical leaders, sharing your opinions, and being challenged
- You are relentlessly customer-centric and team orientated, with a keen eye for detail
- You have excellent writing and presentation skills, a solid command of English, and are a natural communicator
- You have strong analytical skills
- You want to be part of a fast-paced, hands-on and highly collaborative environment
- You have demonstrated experience researching, analysing, and packaging data for internal review and creating sales materials (e.g. internal and external collateral)
- You are a natural synthesiser, gathering inputs from multiple teams and turning them into actionable plans
- You are a self-starter, with exceptional organisational and time-management skills
- You are comfortable dealing with ambiguity and working in a fast-paced environment where change/iteration is constant – to ensure we capture the evolving market opportunity
- You understand the value of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in quantifying climate risk, believe passionately in the future of the technology, and are enthusiastic in reaching and persuading enterprise decision makers to adopt the technology through our Climate Intelligence platform
This will be a 3 month contract role with opportunity to become full-time. The proposed pay scale is £250-£350 p.d. inclusive of all fee.