Commercial Project Management team | Up to £36k | Remote (but with a London office if you wish to use it)
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point (an Electric Vehicle charging point) everywhere you park. To make that vision a reality we need the brightest, most tenacious and most inspiring talent in the world – we are growing faster than the market and we need to maintain that velocity – that’s where you come in!
Due to rapid growth and investment in the expansion of our business, Pod Point is looking for a Sub-Contractor Manager to manage the delivery of our infrastructure around the country and our subcontracting relationships.
The position will report into the Head of Central Operations & Project Management, and will be based remotely (although we have an office near Old Street Station in London that you are welcome to use).
What you’ll do
- Help us set up long lasting relationships with Electrical & Civil subcontractors around the country
- Assess and select subcontractors
- Manage contracts to ensure time, cost, quality and safety KPIs are met
- Produce Packages of Work that are to be subcontracted out
- Assess the performance of contractors
- Monitor delivery on schedule according to project milestones
- Manage all aspects of the subcontract execution
- Manage the flow of change requests and change notices to and from the contractors during installations and ensure compliance of suppliers to the Terms and Conditions of the contract
What you’ll need
- BEng/Degree in a relevant field (e.g. Construction Management, Civil Engineering based discipline)
- 3+ years of project management experience
- Previous experience of managing commercial installs, small and large, with civil and electrical elements using both in house and subcontract field teams
- Keen focus on Health and Safety
- Excellent written communication skills
- Confident talking to key project stakeholders
- Comfortable working with numbers and data
- Calm under pressure and able to make decisions quickly
- Experience of managing subcontracts & Contractors
- Knowledge in UK Contract regulation (commercial background)
- Experience of drafting contracts and tenders
- Excellent project management skills
- Good problem-solver
- Knowledge of risk management and mitigation
- You’re PMP/PRINCE2 qualified
- You have a dog (which you’d be welcome to bring into the office, as and when you choose to go in)
- You’re passionate and knowledgeable about climate change, sustainability and/or the EV industry
And if you’re not sure whether you’re what we’re looking for – send us your CV anyway! We love to hear from people who are passionate about what we do, and we always take the view that a good cultural fit (and mission alignment) is much more important than ticking all the “qualifications, skills and experience” boxes.
Our culture is electric
At Pod Point we like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word – we’re anything but.
We work hard; we’re not clock-watchers but equally you may find yourself working into the evening very occasionally. In return we’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape the role, give you ground-breaking projects to work on and surround you with fantastic, talented people. We also provide the following benefits:
- Salary Sacrifice Electric Vehicle Scheme
- Flexible working hours and a casual dress code
- Remote first working approach
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave scheme
- Pension scheme
- Eyecare scheme
The socially distant elephant in the room
Our first priority (at all times, but especially during the COVID-19 pandemic) is to make sure we’re not unnecessarily exposing Pod Pointers to potential health risks. We’re a “Remote first” company anyway, so we’re continuing to conduct all interviews on Google Meet and are pretty good at onboarding new starters remotely (if we do say so ourselves). As soon as we feel it’s safe, we do intend to reopen our London office; and once that happens you will be welcome to use that for work if you prefer – although there will be no requirement for you to do so.
Final things to note
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!