At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world’s leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
We’ve assembled some of the finest minds in software, engineering, AI, and robotics and we are seeking a Control Hardware Electrical Design Engineer to support our application in automation facilities, production-line, and robotic cells.
- Take a lead in electric systems design within Arrival Controls and Automation integration team;
- Capture and specify electric systems requirements;
- Develop electric systems from concept to delivery;
- Design electric plans for flexible microfactories;
- Specify and select sensors and electronic components. Source and manage best vendors;
- Prepare electrical bills of materials;
- Lead installation and verification of electric systems prototypes and production level facilities;
- Contribute to the overall system architecture development;
- Develop controls hardware standard;
- Review external suppliers’ electric design to suit Arrival flexible microfactory concept.
- Knowledge of industrial electronic components (sensors, safety devices, actuators, drives, etc.);
- Experience with pneumatics (readings schemes, assembly, troubleshooting);
- Experience in low voltage wiring;
- Knowledge of operating within an ISO 9001 quality system;
- Advanced knowledge of EPLAN;
- Thorough understanding of the life cycle, through-life costs, configuration control, safety and environmental aspects of product development;
- Demonstrable experience of performing electrical sub-assembly development from requirements capture through options development, concept design, scheme design, detailed design and manufacture through to installation, testing, and commissioning;
- A proven track record of delivering technical solutions within challenging timescales;
- Ability to act as a mentor to the junior members of the team promoting continuous improvement and technical innovation.
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.