At Unreasonable Group, we believe entrepreneurs building rapidly scalable businesses are our best bet for solving the world’s most significant social and environmental challenges. Every day, our team strives to give these entrepreneurs tackling BFPs an “unfair advantage.” We do this by connecting entrepreneurs with the networks of mentors, investors, businesses, policy makers, and specialists they need to scale.
We are now searching for a team Coordinator (“Coordinator”); one who prides him/herself with impeccable attention to detail, is voraciously passionate about execution, and loves streamlining communication and processes to maximize effectiveness.
Directly reporting to our COO and working closely with two members of our Senior Leadership Team (SLT) – our Managing Director of Investment and our Managing Director of Product and Experience – this role is positioned at the pivotal intersection of our Initiatives, Community, and Investment Teams. The ideal candidate will demonstrate strategic thinking in planning and organizing, possess an ability to execute on existing project management and organizational systems as well as research and propose new ones; is obsessively detail oriented, enjoys both the research of and the implementation of tasks; finds satisfaction in supporting others and is a team player in every way.
- Schedule meetings and manage complex calendars for two Senior Leadership members across multiple time zones.
- We are looking for a candidate on the East Coast to support our two Senior Leadership Members based in NYC
- Experience with formal client communication preferred.
- Communicate regularly with the SLT members to ensure they are apprised of changes to their calendars or to the work of their teams.
- Attend and participate in Community, Initiatives, and Investment team meetings to stay abreast of team level responsibilities and deliverables
- With team level awareness and understanding, ensure that the two SLT members are dialed into the needs of their team, on-going programs, and companywide responsibilities
- Manage travel scheduling and arrange SLT member’s travel in accordance with their preferences and schedules when travel picks back up.
- Maintain an accurate contact database (Copper) to track follow ups and action items. Send personal notes and gifts to key contacts and relationships as requested (ex: birthdays, holidays, thank you packages for mentors after they participate in an Unreasonable program…etc).
- Prepare and submit monthly expense reports in accordance with our accounting practices on behalf of the two Executives.
- Communicate regularly with the Executive Assistant to the Senior Leadership Team to ensure consistent processes and clean calendar management.
- Manage and care for your own health and energy to prevent burnout and avoid feeling overly stressed. This is a fast paced job with significant responsibility and hours will vary. You need to be comfortable in this environment and although it may sound antithetical to the role, we want to ensure you are able to prioritize your personal sense of well being above all else.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
- You are process driven and proactive. You anticipate problems and fix them before they occur. You are nimble and patient in response to unexpected changes.
- You recognize what’s most important to tackle, in what order, and are prepared to make informed, independent decisions.
- You are a flawless multi-tasker, able to seamlessly shift between people, tasks, modes of communication, and technology platforms.
- You take pride in accuracy and professionalism. You show great attention to detail, thoroughness, and follow-through; you believe that when work is done well, the magic is in the details.
- You are VERY comfortable with calendar management of complex schedules and meeting organization across parties and time zones.
- You consider yourself an:
- Expert in Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Gmail
- Expert or a very quick learner on CRM platforms (we use Copper)
- Highly proficient with communication tools: Slack, Project Tracking Systems (BaseCamp, Asana), WhatsApp, etc.
- You are not the type of person who says, “That’s not my job.”
- You strive to always be on time with everything you do.
- You don’t hesitate to ask for help when it is needed and before it is too late.
- You use excellent communication skills to gain the context necessary to perform tasks.
- You are a trusted confidant. You do not give in to workplace gossip — it’s not in your nature.
- You believe deeply in the importance of transparent and honest communication in what you write, how you interact with your team, and by always following up and following through on your word.
- You’re curious and passionate about entrepreneurship and strive to work with a team that is oriented around a mission of solving pressing global challenges – the rhythms and dynamics that make Unreasonable work.
- As you read about Unreasonable’s core values, you get more and more excited with each value you come across.
Required Education and Experience –
- As guidance, the candidate we envision for this role may come with 2 years of experience in an administrative capacity within a client services related field, ideally with a particular aptitude for complex calendar management and cross-team communication.
HIRING PROCESS OVERVIEW:
- We will be accepting applications through November 30th and evaluating candidates on a rolling basis.
- The interview process will consist of three phases:
- A short phone screen with our Director of People Operations
- An interview with our Executive Assistant to the SLT.
- A series of three 30-minute 1-on-1 interviews with our Managing Director of Investments, Managing Director of Product & Experience, and our COO.
- We will collect and conduct references on our top candidate.
- Our aim is to select and notify our top candidate before December 18th, with a start date of January 5th, 2021 (Flexible on start date).
“The object of life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, ‘Holy Sh*t, What a Ride!’”—Mavis Leyrer
At Unreasonable, our goal is to become a global brand with a diverse team that is representative of the community we serve. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, creed, sex, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, political affiliation or any other non-job-related factors. We value diversity and are committed to building a team and an inclusive culture that represents a global perspective of experiences, skills, backgrounds, and expertise. The more inclusive we are, the better we can deliver our mission of driving resources to and breaking down barriers for entrepreneurs solving BFPs.