We’re CORGI HomePlan. We’re part of OVO Group, a family of brands on a mission to drive progress towards zero carbon living. To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together – not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Leading Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!
At CORGI HomePlan, we bring peace of mind to hundreds of thousands of homeowners, by protecting them from unexpected repair costs – and helping them to keep their homes running efficiently. Our fairly-priced insurance plans cover boilers, central heating, plumbing, drains or electrics. Offering 24/7 emergency support from over 5,000 engineers – famed for their service!
For decades, CORGI has been a brand that puts people – and their safety – first. Want to help us keep up the good work?
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
Working within CORGI’s Sales and Retention team,, you’re the first point of contact for our customers to help them purchase or upgrade their insurance product, or support them with their renewal or cancellation queries. Treating customers fairly is fundamental to what an Agent will deliver and demonstrating OVO’s values is core throughout the role.
What will I be doing?
You will be responsible for handling inbound sales calls from potential new customers, converting interest into sales. As we’re within a regulated industry, all calls are answered compliantly but don’t worry, we will give you the tools and training you need to do this. You will also handle inbound calls from existing customers who wish to upgrade, renew or cancel their policy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing sales prospects through direct mail and other marketing media channels
- Handling collections activity by contacting existing customers who have cancelled their direct debit or missed payments to arrange payment
- Generating business from existing customer base through outbound calls to find opportunities to sell CHP products.
- Evaluating information in order to qualify and sell to customer needs.
- Compliance with standard operating procedures and policy.
- Identifying potential improvements in operational processes and recommending change.
- Working to agreed timescales and deadlines.
Working 37.5 hours per week, our contact centre opening hours are from 8am – 8pm Monday – Friday so you’ll be allocated a shift pattern based on these times; you’ll also be required to some weekends on a shift rotation when our contact centre is open 8am-5:30pm on Saturdays and 8am-4:30pm on Sundays.
Is this the job for me?
Customers will soon forget what you said, but they won’t forget how you made them feel so it’s crucial that you’re a people person with the ability to empathise with customers. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do, so we’re looking for people who are willing to go above and beyond to keep them happy.
You’ll be working towards agreed timelines so you need to be comfortable with targets in a results-orientated environment. This is predominantly a phone based role so you’ll need to be confident speaking on the phone for most of the day.
Most importantly, you’ll share the qualities that have driven our success so far, you’ll be:
Ideally you will have:
- Confident at sales with prior sales experience; prior experience within a contact centre is a plus.
- A phenomenal teammate, strong at building rapport with both customers and colleagues.
- Adaptable, a clear communicator and able to tailor your approach to each individual customer – both verbally and written.
- Passionate about customer service and getting it right for our customers
- Enthusiastic and positive with a solutions orientated approach
- Calm and effective working under pressure, there may be some days with challenging conversations but you’re happy bouncing back quickly.
- Detail-orientated with strong attention to detail.
- A quick learner with the ability to retain a wealth of information – there’s a lot to learn in the energy sector!
Life at OVO can be pretty fast-paced, so we’re looking for people who are flexible and adaptable in a dynamic environment.
From us you’ll get*
- A monthly discretionary bonus
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
- And many more…
(*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.