To apply for this job please visit thebigissue.livevacancies.co.uk.
The Big Issue Group (TBIG) is seeking a corporate engagement researcher to support the development of our corporate engagement strategy on a 6 month fixed term contract basis.
The role is an exciting opportunity for a socially focused person with strong analytical skills to play a key role in building a network of corporate partners who can support the group’s mission of dismantling poverty.
We are looking for someone with knowledge and experience of the Corporate Social Responsibility landscape including Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance (ESG). The role involves working with two parts of TBIG, Big Issue Invest (BII) and Ride Out Recession Alliance (RORA).
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
• An understanding and knowledge of the role of ESGs
• An understanding of the development of CSR requirements and the current approach of delivery methods
• Experience of working with corporate organisations on community-based employee engagement campaigns
• Lead on developing a corporate database of employee engagement approaches which were successful in creating community and social activities
• An entrepreneurial approach to sourcing and matching opportunities in the market
• An ability to work independently
This is an exciting role for TBIG. Its part of our strategy of building a better world as we emerge from the impact of Covid-19. This is a short-term contract with the option to extend.
For a full job description please download from the link below.
Salary and Benefits include
- Salary commensurate with the third sector, which can be confirmed on request.
- Incremental holiday entitlement starting at 25 days per year plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time staff) plus paid leave to care for a sick child or grandchild and a sick or elderly relation
- Incremental sick pay starting at 5 days per rolling year
- Enhanced contribution to our workplace pension
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- Training and development opportunities including an open learning library and management training scheme
- Health benefits include life cover, a health Cashplan scheme which provides access to counselling and a range of therapies
Please note that we reserve the right to review and amend our staff benefits and they do not form part of any contract of employment.
This role can be home-based and worked flexibly from anywhere in the UK
Closing Date: 12th July 2021
Interviews to take place on Mon 19th and Tuesday 20th July 2021
Interview and Practical Test
Since 1991, The Big Issue has fought poverty by creating opportunities and supporting people to take control of their lives. Over time our organisation has grown and now The Big Issue Group consists of The Big Issue Company Ltd and Big Issue Invest Ltd (our social investment arm).