Location: London / Bristol
The OVO Group’s purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together – not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Leading Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!
We launched in 2009 with a mission to change energy for the better. Since then, we’ve welcomed over a million members, planted a million trees, and set our sights on helping save the planet.
As a Group, we’re working to become a net zero carbon business by 2030, while helping our OVO Energy members halve their carbon footprints at the same time.
Green energy and technology are great tools to fight the climate crisis with. But it’s people power that will rewrite history.
So we’re building a zero carbon team inside and out. Of people who share our values, feel inspired by our mission, and want to make change happen. When you work for OVO, it’s not just a job. It’s the work of a lifetime. And we want the sharpest minds to help.
Up for the challenge?
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
As Creative Studio Project Manager in the brand and marketing team, you will be a great teammate who is able to form strong relationships with X-functional partners, designers and copywriters. All whilst utilising strong project management skills to ensure all Special projects & BAU projects are produced on brief, on budget and to the required timings. You’ll be calm under pressure, able to keep the team cool when timings are tight and maintain an impeccable standard of delivery. You will be a process specialist used to juggling multiple balls at anyone time
Working within the internal creative studio you’ll be responsible for the delivery of any and all content being produced for OVO across their retail brand portfolio and group. From video to social media copy, bespoke visuals and comms, to landing pages or policy documents.
What will I be doing?
● Work with partners to develop creative briefs, ensuring all tasks are clearly defined for the studio creative team
● Day-to-day management and guidance of project progress, resource planning, management and coordination of all project deliverables .
● Collaborate and communicate with multiple partners across the organisation to clearly define business outcome, required project deliverables and key achievements.
● Regular check ins with key briefing teams to discuss future projects, ensuring we have the right resource lined up to deliver them
● Proactive Management and monitoring of the project team and motivation of the team to meet agreed milestonesIdentifying and managing partners effectively, anticipating challenges, and developing plans to address risks.
● Ensure all processes are upheld & any areas for process development are worked through with the Senior PM/Brand ops team
● Shaping Processes where needed for special projects/identified departments with Support from senior PM/Op
● Deliver BAU Projects as your bread and butter for certain areas of the business (to be defined when you join) & Special projects based upon objectives / requirements of the business
● Become a DAM specialist and ensuring all your delivered content is uploaded, tagged and categorized correctly in the DAM.
Is this the job for me?
This person will have a track record in delivering creative comms work for Marketing teams in ‘start up’ or ‘turnaround’ ideally in fast paced, retailing environments. They will;
● A wealth of experience in project management, ideally in house brand side, agency applicants will be considered if skills align.
● Proven experience of supporting projects that are already moving and an ability to add value from day one. Specific experience of the project management of marketing and brand teams and their interface into wider (preferably digital businesses) is a must.
● Relish the challenge of a fast paced, matrix working environment
● Calm whilst working with levels of ambiguity and adept at bringing order and clarity into a team environment
● A real people person who develops powerful working relationships quickly and maintains them successfully
● An exemplary teammate, at their best when working within a collective to deliver a shared vision
● Energy and positivity; the person everyone wants to have in the room
● Incredible organisation in a way which instills confidence into all
● Organisation skills are critical – you will be coordinating multiple partners across multiple tasks from multiple projects daily
● Proactive project manager used to working to tight timeframes
● You will report into the Senior Project Manager
From us you’ll get*
- An annual discretionary bonus
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
- And many more…
(*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.