To apply for this job please visit careers.ovo.com.
Location: Flexible in the UK, with a requirement to work at OVO sites in Bristol, Cardiff and London when necessary
The OVO Group’s purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together – not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Leading Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!
We launched in 2009 with a mission to change energy for the better. Since then, we’ve welcomed over a million members, planted a million trees, and set our sights on helping save the planet.
As a Group, we’re working to become a net zero carbon business by 2030, while helping our OVO Energy members halve their carbon footprints at the same time.
Green energy and technology are great tools to fight the climate crisis with. But it’s people power that will rewrite history.
So we’re building a zero carbon team inside and out. Of people who share our values, feel inspired by our mission, and want to make change happen. When you work for OVO, it’s not just a job. It’s the work of a lifetime. And we want the sharpest minds to help.
Up for the challenge?
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
You will be working as part of a shared service Collections and Revenue function, within the Credit Risk and Collections Strategy team. It’s our role to prevent debt arising in the first place where we can, to help our members with effective payment mechanisms in times of genuine need and to control revenue loss where processes can be subject to fraud.
What will I be doing?
You’ll be using data to make strategic decisions across our customer base of over 4 million customers, helping us to safeguard £4 billion of revenue each year. This is a critical role to ensure that we balance risk management, with customer experience and commercial growth to deliver positive P&L impact.
You will act as a specialist to embed and operate customer segmentation to our risk, collections and recovery processes across OVO’s customer portfolio.
Your key accountabilities will include:
- In conjunction with data science, design, implement and embed an effective customer segmentation model to inform differentiated risk, collections and recovery processes across our customer base
- Be the BAU owner of our segmentation model, be hands on in managing and running this, connecting it to our customer touchpoints
- Own the segmentation approach, continually refining this to adapt to the changing customer base and external environment
- Bring segmentation to life for partners, informing on the customer types and why differing treatments are appropriate. Create and maintain regular and insightful reporting on our segmentation
- Monitor the performance of segmentation, testing that differing treatments are most effective, testing new ideas and hypotheses
- Understand external practices and developments in segmentation for risk, collections and recovery processes, understand external and internal data to inform and enhance the model
Is this the job for me?
- You’ll have experience in building customer segmentation models on large scale customer portfolios,
- You’ll be strong mathematically, able to show the statistical reasoning for segmentation models
- You have experience in using data to identify suitable segments, to deliver differentiated treatments that balance cost with effect
- You are familiar or can adapt quickly to data sources and tech such as SQL, Big Query, Google suite, SFTP, Kafka
- You can design BAU KPI reporting, evolving this to partner requirements, automating it where appropriate to minimise effort. Note – a shared analytical team will provide further analytical and reporting capability
- You have experience in balancing cost Vs effect to show the benefits of segmentation
- You have the technical knowledge to be seen as a specialist, but you can articulate complexity to a non specialist audience
- You can adapt to the data landscape across our group as this evolves and merges to shared and common platforms
- You are familiar with broader collections and recovery processes, able to add value across our team
- You can make things really easy for the majority of our customers, hiding complexity to deliver an end result seamlessly
- You have experience working within a regulated environment, ensuring our dealings with customers and use of data is fair and compliant
- You’re comfortable to ‘get things going’ where they don’t currently exist, or aren’t mature in an organisation
- You thrive in a fast paced environment, where change happens quickly and you can deal with ambiguity
From us you’ll get*
- An annual discretionary bonus
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
- And many more…
(*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.