To apply for this job please visit peoplesenerg.bamboohr.com.
Who are People’s Energy?
People’s Energy are an ethical, planet friendly energy company who were founded in 2017. We want to put you in charge of your energy usage and help keep the planet a cleaner, greener place!
Using mainly renewable energy, we want to provide a simple, fair and affordable solution for all our customers, including those currently in fuel poverty.
Who are we?
What do we want to do?
- Eradicate fuel poverty
- Put 1million customers in charge of their energy use
- Bring trust back to the energy market
- Give 75% of our profits back to our customers
Overall purpose of the role
As part of the Credit Management team you’ll help develop our Credit Management capability, identify risk and emergent risk in our portfolio, developing and delivering strategy solutions and tools to enable better debt management, reduction of exposure and loss
You’ll work within the team to develop and test ideas, deliver models, prepare performance and risk insight while continuing to grow capability and deliver ground breaking new solutions to the problem of debt
Through analytical methods you’ll help us understand our members better and through that enable better products and services while building and sustaining efficient collections treatment
· Support the Strategy Lead(s) in managing and maintaining credit strategy and treatment
· Analyse and categorise the portfolio using characteristic data to understand drivers of debt
· Manage and manipulate extremely large datasets including CRA (bureau) data products
· Design and develop data experiments to establish predictive models for debt and loss, following through to delivery and maintenance on strategies, models and scorecards
· Monitor and maintain strategy performance across the complete collections lifecycle and pre-debt activity
· Identify changes to portfolio make up and critical behaviours which may impact debt exposure and loss
· Support development and delivery of practical solutions for treatment and recovery of overdue debts
· Identify, develop and test new ideas to mitigate debt and/or boost recovery of arrears
· Monitor and measure performance, implementing and maintaining reporting and KPI measures
· Create, review and maintain credit policy documentation
· Develop business cases for new ideas and opportunities
· Code and test automated strategies and collections decisioning
· Optimise pre-debt and collections performance and in doing so, minimise Debt Exposure, Bad Debt Charge (BDC) and Write Off
· Strong knowledge of Credit Management principles and practises
· Predictive risk identification and modelling
· Highly analytical and logical, fact-based approach and concern for accuracy
· Degree level Mathematics, statistics or significant relevant experience with a strong background in statistical methods
· Highly numerate with the ability to create and operate complex predictive mathematical/behavioural models
· Knowledge of Credit Reference Agencies, credit performance data sharing and associated processes/products
· Creative approach to problem solving
· Able to work with extremely large datasets
· Advanced use of Microsoft Office products
· SQL and programming for analytics, extensive experience with industry standard tools (SAS, R, Python)
· Shows initiative, self-motivated and innovative
· Drive to achieve.
· Able to work in a fast-moving environment
At People’s Energy we are committed to ensuring that everyone, no matter race, background, sexuality, gender or any other protected characteristic is supported and afforded equal opportunities in the business. As it says on our website – we are by the people, for the people. We are committed to maintaining a fair and measured recruitment process and our development opportunities are open to all.