Hi, We’re Bulb. Nice to meet you. We’re working remotely to protect our team at the moment, but we are still hiring. So if you’re looking for a new role and you’re happy to take part in a remote interview, read on…
We are the UK’s biggest green energy supplier, providing affordable, renewable energy to homes and businesses across the UK. Our mission is to help people lower their energy bills and reduce their carbon impact at the same time.
Founded in 2015, we were named the UK’s fastest growing private company in 2018 and 2019, and in February 2021 we were named Europe’s fastest growing company by the Financial Times.
Over 1.7 million UK households have signed up to renewable energy with Bulb and we’ve expanded into Texas, France and Spain. We’re an accredited Living Wage Employer; we’ve been picked as one of LinkedIn’s top 25 UK tech startups to work for; and we’re a certified B Corp.
What do we do?
As part of the Loyalty team, we shape the member experience at Bulb with personalised communications across a number of channels including: email, direct mail and SMS. We work to support teams in the UK and internationally, building and delivering all communications and reporting back on engagement to drive continued improvement, ultimately driving revenue, increasing retention and loyalty.
What does the CRM Lead do?
Reporting to the Head of CRM, your primary objective will be to help deliver high quality communications from Bulb to our +1.6 million members. This is a diverse, hands-on role. You’ll be working with cross-functional teams to create and deliver BAU, triggered and lifecycle messages, considering how we can improve the member journey and use data to inform decision making.
* Project manage the end-to-end campaign process, including: receiving/writing briefs, managing the schedule, campaign creation, HTML writing/editing, managing sign-off, testing, scheduling and post-send checks
* Manage data sets Be comfortable using SQL to create segmented member lists
* Work with cross-functional teams to create SQL queries to enhance data sets for specific campaigns
* Work closely with Data Scientists to create complex segmentation
* Create, QA and deliver high quality, personalised campaigns and automated journeys that go out to our 1.6 million members
* Monitor the delivery and success of all campaigns using reporting and analytics tools, tracking the performance against targets
* Plan and implement effective test and learn strategies to gain more insight for continued improvement
* Collaborate with set up and maintenance of CRM related product innovation and data enhancements
* Have a strong understanding of the technology and systems to be able to troubleshoot and problem solve issues as required
Who you are:
* You have proven experience working on multi-channel CRM programmes
* You are passionate about data, comfortable using SQL, Google Sheets and reporting tools
* You enjoy spotting patterns in data, analysing results and making recommendations for continued improvement
* You are confident writing and editing HTML, have knowledge of email best-practice and experience using CRM tools and technology
* You have a working knowledge of API integrations, some experience using scripting languages (e.g. AMPscript) and dynamic content logic
* You have amazing attention to detail across all aspects of your work and strive for quality in all output
* You are a great communicator, love to collaborate with others and are able to build strong working relationships across teams
* You are a self-starter, able to prioritise ruthlessly and manage multiple work-streams at the same time
* You are creative in your approach and have brilliant ideas for retaining members.
Read more about our hiring process – it includes interview tips! https://bulb.co.uk/careers/join-the-team/
Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy
Collaborative, flexible, and friendly environment
Competitive salary, discretionary share options and bonus
33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) and the option to buy up to 5 more
12 weeks of full pay for maternity, paternity or adoption leave
Healthcare with Vitality after passing probation, life insurance, and a pension plan with employer contributions
Cycle to work scheme
One month sabbatical leave after your first year
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome at Bulb wherever you’re from and whoever you are. We want to shake up the energy industry, and a diverse team that reflects our members will help us do just that. We know that sometimes, people don’t apply for a job because they don’t have every single skill listed in the job’s requirements. But there’s more to every role – and everyone at Bulb – than we can fit in a job description. So if you’re interested in a role here and believe you could be a good fit, we encourage you to apply. Even if you’re not ready now, if you’re invited to interview with us you’ll get feedback on the skills you should grow to become a candidate in the future. We’ve written more about building a diverse team on the Bulb blog.