We are changing things. We are So Energy, a fast-growing 100% renewable energy supplier in the UK. We’re the leading energy supplier for customer service. We’ve won a host of awards too; in each quarter since 2017 we’ve been recognised by Citizens Advice as a top ranked supplier out of a total of 50. We’ve also won the 2020 Moneyfacts Energy Provider of the Year award and been recognised as a Which? recommended energy supplier for 2020. Now we’re looking for people to join our growing team and support our customer base which has tripled in the last 7 months.
Our Customer Care Teams are the nerve centre of our entire operation. People here are the voice of our business – providing excellent service, direct to our customers whenever they need us. We are on the lookout for customer care advisors to join us on our growth journey and disrupt the energy industry with us.
Who we’re looking for?
As our customers’ first point of contact, you’ll be the friendly voice of So Energy, answering questions about our products and services and providing world-class customer service, troubleshooting and support. We’ll rely on you to listen to our customers and use your expertise, creativity, and passion to meet their needs — and remind them that behind our great products are amazing people, ensuring that we continue to deliver our 5* rated customer service.
An ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, works well within a team and passionate about what they do. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are key; both when interacting with our customers, as well as with fellow team members. We’re looking for an enthusiastic person who takes pride in their work and is looking to take on a new challenge.
At So Energy, our employees are just as important to us as our customers. We will provide training and support your development throughout your career. We want our Customer Care Advisors to be leading the teams in the future as we both grow together.
This role will be working from home two days a week. The other 3 days will be from our office in Chiswick. In order to successfully work from home, any candidate for this role will need to have:
(a) A safe, private and distraction free environment from which to work in the UK;
(b) A strong internet connection with a minimum download speed of 10mbps and an upload speed of 3 mbps;
(c) A smartphone
During Covid-19 restrictions, all our employees are able to work from home
What you’ll be doing
- Handling customer enquiries as they come in via phone and email
- Proactively identify issues and problems before they arise
- Progress to taking escalated calls and complaints in line with So Energy procedures
- Providing world class customer service
- Working with various parts of the business to resolve issues
Qualities we are looking for
- You will have achieved at least BBB in your best three A Level results (or similar)
- Strong analytic and numeric skills
- Great oral and written communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary and performance related bonus
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, and an extra day holiday for your birthday
- Ongoing support and development
- Free daily breakfast
- Last Friday of each month nibbles and drinks in the office
- Cycle to work scheme
- Excellent transport links
- Great reward and recognition
- Exposure to all parts of a growing business
- Pension matching as part of auto-enrolment pension scheme
Current Working hours: 08:30-19:00 Monday to Friday with split shifts being 08:30 to 17:30 and 10:00 to 19:00. We will also open on Saturdays 08:30-17:30 for email, social media and webchat.
Breaks: One hour for lunch and two 15 minute breaks
Our Customer Care Advisors are curious investigators, problem solvers and good listeners. Are you? Do you like the way it feels when you help others?
We’ll train you to be the best.
You’ll get paid as you learn So Energy technologies and get familiar with our approach to customer conversations.
So Energy care about helping the energy industry become a much more diverse and inclusive environment and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and building an inclusive environment for all.
If you are interested in finding out more please apply making sure to complete all the questions to the best of your ability and attached an up to date version of your CV.