Role title: Customer Care Agent
The OVO Group’s purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together – not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Leading Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!
We launched in 2009 with a mission to change energy for the better. Since then, we’ve welcomed over a million members, planted a million trees, and set our sights on helping save the planet.
As a Group, we’re working to become a net zero carbon business by 2030, while helping our OVO Energy members halve their carbon footprints at the same time.
Green energy and technology are great tools to fight the climate crisis with. But it’s people power that will rewrite history.
So we’re building a zero carbon team inside and out. Of people who share our values, feel inspired by our mission, and want to make change happen. When you work for OVO, it’s not just a job. It’s the work of a lifetime. And we want the sharpest minds to help.
Up for the challenge?
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
We’re currently hiring Customer Care Agents to join our Customer Service team; the team responsible for maintaining the revolutionary, customer-focused culture that has driven our success to date… arguably the most important team here at OVO!
As a Customer Care Agent, you’ll be the first point of contact for our OVO Energy customers, delivering an awarding winning service we can be proud of. A service which, most recently, earned us the title uSwitch Supplier of the Year 2019!
What will I be doing?
Our Customers are the key to our success so you’ll play an important role in keeping them happy and driving OVO’s vision! You’ll be on the front line; the first person our customers talk to whether they have questions, complaints or compliments – it will be your responsibility to get our customers the help they need.
Key responsibilities include:
- Answering and resolving customer enquiries over the phone (occasionally email if needed)
- Ensuring our customers receive excellent customer service
- Working towards targets and clear objectives set by the business which drive our Plan Zero vision
- Informing our customers about other products available to them with the aim of upselling to additional services
- Resolving customers’ queries the first time they are raised, liaising with other departments to ensure resolution
- Proactively reviewing customer accounts when they call, to identify and resolve any future problems before they arise
- Taking ownership of complaints and follow OVO procedures to ensure the complaint is resolved in a timely manner
- Understanding our customer feedback tool, using feedback to identify any areas of improvement
- Recognising customer contact trends and giving feedback to team leader
- Personal adherence is key to this role. You must have good personal timekeeping and self-awareness of impact to others around you
Working 37.5 hours per week, our contact centre is open to customers from 8am – 6:15pm Monday – Friday so you will be allocated a shift pattern based on these times; you’ll also be required to work 1 in every 12 Saturdays – that’s only 4 Saturdays a year!
Is this the job for me?
Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. We’re looking for people who are able to build a good rapport with customers and colleagues and are willing to go the extra mile to keep our customers happy.
This is predominantly a phone based role so you’ll need to be comfortable speaking on the phone for most of the day.
It’s essential that you’ve had experience within a customer service environment; even better if you already have an understanding of working to targets and love smashing them.
Working within the energy sector can be quite challenging – there is a lot to learn, so it’s a huge plus if you’re a quick learner and able to retain a wealth of information.
Most importantly, you’ll share the qualities that have driven our success so far: firstly you’re a people person and a team player. You’ll be adaptable, a clear communicator and able to tailor your approach dependent on each individual customer. You show a passion for customer service and getting it right for our customers.
If you’re ambitious and want to progress within the company, our Customer Service Reward Steps will help you do that. As you gain more knowledge and experience, you can move up through the levels increasing your salary as you go!
Throw in lots of initiative, enthusiasm and a positive, solutions oriented approach and there’s a good chance you’ll thrive at OVO…
From us you’ll get*:
- A bi-annual performance based bonus
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
- Flexible working hours
- Free breakfast
- Onsite gym
- A clear progression path with our Customer Service Reward Steps
(*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date.
We want the best people
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.