To apply for this job please visit peoplesenerg.bamboohr.com.
Who is People’s Energy?
People’s Energy is a fast-growing ethical gas and electricity supply company, based in Shawfair near Edinburgh but supplying to customers UK wide. We launched on 1 August 2017 and are growing rapidly – we are at over 250,000 customers now. We have an ambitious goal: We want to put 1 million people in charge of their own energy and become known as the energy company that can be trusted to do the right thing at all times, for people, communities and the planet.
People’s Energy differs significantly from existing energy suppliers. We want to bring trust back into the energy market and offer a simple, fair and affordable solution for all customers, including these currently in fuel poverty. We were crowdfunded, have no external shareholders, and we promise to give 75% of the profits back to our domestic customers. The electricity we sell is renewable. We promise full transparency, and we involve customers through representatives on our Advisory Board. Staff members also have a representative on the Advisory Board, and we are keenly focused on staff well being and development.
We are a Living Wage employer.
At the heart of this is our Membership Support Team who provide first line dedicated support to our members on any queries or registration needs they may have.
Due to team expansion and membership growth we are excited to recruit an experienced, highly motivated Customer Contact Team Leader,
The role will provide Team Leader support to the Membership support Team, on all people, performance, and developmental matters, as well as providing support to the Membership Support Manager on all Operational requirements.
About the Role
The key responsibilities of this role are:
People Management (50%)
- Provide clear SMART Objectives, SLAs and Targets for the team and individuals to work towards.
- Manage and continually assess performance against set objectives and identify Learning and Development needs, implementing relevant initiatives for the team and/or individuals.
- Manage performance issues, implementing suitable performance plans with SMART objectives, providing coaching to consider additional needs, planned performance reviews and revaluate until a suitable resolution is reached.
- Hold regular 1-1 and Review Meetings with employees to discuss issues, provide feedback, highlight their current performance against objectives and assess wellbeing and engagement.
- Assess current performance, competency and behaviours against role/team requirements and apply a suitable end of year rating, along with appropriate feedback and progression plan.
- Determine suitable career paths for employees and put development plans in place to support them, along with a review plan.
- Determine best practices within your team to encourage collaborative working, knowledge sharing and open communication amongst the team.
- Manage Absence, Sickness and Holidays within the team, assessing any issues with individuals which may require additional support, guidance or further discussion, potentially leading into a performance plan.
- Ensure all Employees are aware of and adhere to company policies whilst encouraging continued awareness of these.
- Manage real time resource requirements, reacting to changes in resource levels, demands and issues with appropriate action.
- Provide people updates to the Membership Support Manager and/or HR, on a regular basis, to ensure there is an up to date view of the Membership Support Team.
- Manage the onboarding of new staff members to ensure they complete all required paperwork, have the relevant system access and have suitable arrangements in place post induction.
- Create and embed a team culture of a positive approach to change, of knowledge sharing, of understanding the higher strategic visions of the company and in personal ownership and accountability of their own career progression and development.
Resource Management (20%)
- Assess current resource requirements and levels and highlight to the Membership Support Manager if there is a short fall or potential issue.
- Actively manage requirements to ensure we have adequate resource in place to manage member calls, emails and processes.
- Allocate tasks/jobs to the team in line with real time and anticipated demand levels and adapt task plans throughout the day if needed. Managing a daily rota and communicating plans to the team.
- Meet with the Membership Support Manager regularly to review resource requirements and plan for anticipated escalations in volumes.
- Manage real time resource requirements around sickness, absence and holidays.
- Record and report end of day/week/month results of volumes, resource restraints and SLA results, to be provided to Membership Support Manager.
- Put plans in place for activities which may result in an increase in call volumes or escalated queries, communicating the plans with the team and considering additional requirements in the lead up, such as training.
- Manage FTE needs of the team, analysing demand against existing FTEs and provide a recruitment plan to the Membership Support Manager on requirements. Work with HR to implement a recruitment programme and support with interviews and onboarding.
- Define and visualise all work streams, ensuring all streams are actively managed in real time, moving resources seamlessly as the demand fluctuates. Being aware of and put systems in place to respond to the minute by minute fluctuations in demand.
- Taking proactive steps to alleviate peaks in demand by planning workloads efficiently but also look to continually innovate in response to the demand, preventing or reducing demand where possible.
- Analysis, Planning and Controls should be thoroughly carried out and should be evidenced and communicated to the Membership Support Manager.
Staff Training and Personal Development (15%)
- Continually assess and measure staff development against their agreed objectives to understand individual performance levels, additional training needs and/or additional support requirements; as well as potential issues which may be led by people behaviours opposed to competencies.
- Hold regular meetings with HR and Learning & Development to feedback on common trends in training needs, customer demand or complaint topics which could be support or delivered by the Learning and Development Consultant.Look for ways to provide knowledge shares and best practice within the team.
- Hold team briefings/huddles regularly to communicate changes, knowledge shares or updates which will assist the Membership Support Team in dealing with member queries.
- Support the post induction structure to ensure new staff members have adequate support and training in place and carry out check point reviews and 1-1s to assess their progress and support them into being fully integrated into the team.
- Carry out quality checks on completed calls and processes, in line with the competency framework and quality model, to ensure individuals complete these to a satisfactory level, whilst recognising areas for additional coaching, support and/or training.
Process Management and Improvement (10%)
- Support the Membership Support Team in ensuring they have adequate training and competency in all Membership Support Processes and are aware of the SLAs attached to these. You will be required to work with HR to determine upskilling programmes or to build and implement ad hoc training sessions.
- Manage the process guides within the team to ensure they are kept up to date and reflect any recent changes. Allocate adequate resource and a review plan to ensure all processes are reviewed on a quarterly basis to ensure they remain compliant and correct. Manage resource in creating new processes or ad hoc changes to existing processes.
- Highlight demand volumes to the Membership Support Manager which could identify a requirement to review and improve the existing processes.
- From member feedback, feed into the Membership Support Manager and Analysts on processes which could be improved to provide a better customer experience and streamline the way in which we work.
- Provide stakeholder support on projects to confirm operational impacts to the team and highlight which processes may be impacted or new processes may need to be created.
- You should develop, refine and optimise processes that support smooth and structured work flows, evidencing your analysis and solutions to be presented to the Membership Support Manager.
Complaints Management (5%)
- Support the Membership Support Team with being first line support for escalated complaints or member calls of dissatisfaction which requires supervisor ownership or response, taking over calls or performing call backs where required.Ensure complaints are being managed and resourced effectively within the team, ensuring full ownership and resolution is applied to each complaint and they are resolved within agreed timescales.
- Work with the complaints analyst to analyse trends in complaints which may require a training need or process improvement.
Additional Responsibilities and Behaviours
- Decisions should be evidenced and based on relevant data that you have thoroughly analysed to ensure actions are appropriate. You should apply quality management/lean principles in every you do.
- Motivate and encourage a positive culture towards change.
- Embed a customer centric culture within the team.
- Embed a culture of autonomy, self-development and accountability within the team.
- Motivate, Lead, Encourage, Coach and Mentor your team to high levels of efficiency.
You will be required to work a variety of shift patterns between our business hours of Monday – Sunday . 8am-8pm. 37.5 hours per week.
Minimum Criteria Required:
3 Years+ Team Leader Experience
Coaching, Development and Leadership Experience
If you think you have the positive approach to motivate a team, the ability to lead and coach individuals and the drive to deliver an exceptional customer experience, please apply now.
At People’s Energy we are committed to ensuring that everyone, no matter race, background, sexuality, gender or any other protected characteristic is supported and afforded equal opportunities in the business. As it says on our website – we are by the people, for the people. We are committed to maintaining a fair and measured recruitment process and our development opportunities are open to all.