You will be contributing to the delivery and implementation of Tumelo’s soware to our largest customers.
What we believe
Tumelo is an investor-backed, impact-driven, financial technology firm. In our vision, a decade from now, every investor will be empowered to use their shareholder rights.
We believe the modern shareholder ownership system is broken. Trillions of pounds are invested every year by people who don’t even know what investment means, where their money is going, how it affects the world or their financial outcome, or what they can do about any of that.
We believe investors in the stock market (pension members, retail investors and asset owners, like trustees) should be aware of and connected to the companies they are invested in; should have influence and a voice at those companies; should have access to their shareholder rights. We believe big companies have the power to break or make our planet. What shareholders demand, and hold them accountable for, really matters.
Big change takes time but we are patient and ambitious in equal measure; influencing the system, building a movement, empowering the world. Our mission is to build and scale the technology to make that possible.
What we do
We partner with UK’s largest investment and pension platforms, empowering them to provide their investors with transparency over the companies they own and a shareholder voice on issues they care about, whether that be gender equality, human rights or climate change. We build APIs and beautiful user interfaces to deliver a totally unique user experience. We give platforms better engagement, acquisition and retention, coupled with the power to create a sustainable investment system for us all.
We’re a close-knit, ambitious team. We’re based mostly in and around the South West. We work in an agile manner; championing transparency and flexibility while prioritising open communication. We love food, rounders, board games and team holidays (everything from canvas painting to cliff jumping in Devon).
1. We do our best work to achieve our vision
2. We pull together to achieve more for users & customers
3. We are masters of prioritisation
4. We adapt relentlessly
5. We give each other feedback to move each other forwards 6. We trust each other to drive towards success
You will be contributing to the delivery and implementation of Tumelo’s soware to our largest customers. No two days will be the same with lots of opportunities to broaden the role and take on more responsibility. You will be:
1. Launching new projects
1. Working with the Customer Success Lead to create bespoke customer delivery plans 2. Liaising with Tumelo’s content and design team and the customer to launch Tumelo’s
product to their audience
3. Seeking out and acting on feedback to improve the success of each subsequent launch
2. Supporting ongoing delivery projects
- Ideating with customers to maximise end-user uptake of Tumelo’s product
- Creating meeting agendas and writing up project notes
- Driving projects forward in accordance with the delivery plan
- Taking responsibility for internal project actions and working with others in Tumelo’s team
to ensure they are actioned
- Working with Tumelo’s internal teams to ensure that blockers are cleared, delivery
timelines are met and delivery quality is high
3. Nurturing relationships with customers
1. Working closely with the Customer Success Lead to build and maintain relationships with multiple different stakeholders at the customer
2. Coordinating, hosting and facilitating meetings where required with external parties and managing the actions/notes that come from those meetings
4. Improving Tumelo’s devliery process
- Evolving Tumelo’s delivery processes to drive efficiency
- Providing and reacting to regular feedback to those you work with
- Working with our product development team to help them understand customer feedback
- Seeking out opportunities to increase the value of customer contracts and embed
Tumelo’s products/services within the customers’ ecosystems
Who you are:
- You are an exceptional individual who encapsulates our company values.
- You are passionate about social or environmental issues.
- You appreciate the power of good communication; you are bad-ass already but always trying
- You are an enigma of self-organisation and have an acute attention to detail
- You are hard-working with a hands-on attitude.
- You can handle high pressure and tight deadlines.
- You have an entrepreneurial, problem-solving spirit.
- You flourish with autonomy and independence.
- You have the flexible attitude required in a start-up environment, and the capacity and
willingness to learn and adapt relentlessly.
- You can reflect and dream big.
- You are not afraid to ask for help when you need it.
- At the time of starting your employment, you must have permission to work in the UK.
It takes all kinds. We are trying to build a team that can conquer every challenge, speak every language, and understand every user. We have an ambitious mission to change the world so we hope to lead by example with a diverse and inclusive team that reflects the world we want to see. For the time being, you must have the right to work in the UK.
These are desirable rather than essential criteria. We welcome applications from people who do not have all the listed criteria but think they have what it takes and a willingness to learn by doing.
1. Project management experience in a sales environment
1. Experience in/understanding of financial services sector, including FinTech, pensions, retail
investment platforms etc. is a bonus
2. Experience with product/service mix is a bonus 3. Experience with a B2B2C product is a bonus
2. Experience in a pre-product-market-fit environment, meaning:
1. You have collaborated closely with customers on new projects/pilots
2. You have worked closely with product teams to understand customer feedback and evolve
3. You have been involved in the building of a great project management team
3. Experience working with: 1. Prince 2
3. Microso Office, especially Excel
If you’re such a superstar, we recognise you can probably work anywhere you want to. But working here, you’ll grow more than you would anywhere else; you will join a team who will appreciate you every day; your contributions will genuinely change our business outcome; and you will be proud to make a lasting, positive impact on the global investment system. And with that, we hope to hear from you!
The finer detail:
There’s plenty of work for this role to be full time, but if you need something different please apply anyway. Tumelo has a super flexible working culture: the team is online and available from 10 – 3, Monday – Friday (save for lunch or sport breaks) and can work whenever they like outside of that. We have office space in Bristol that gets used regularly but coming in is totally optional. All we ask is that everyone comes together once per month, usually in Bristol, for a team social and strategy day (arranged well in advance and especially fun). We have a super flexible culture and our team have lots of different things going on outside of work that we want to help them balance. However, as you might expect at a fast-growing start-up, it’s high adrenaline and hard work here. We pay competitively for our team’s contributions and have a generous company share scheme so we are all owners of Tumelo and beneficiaries of our collective success. We have a 5% employer pension contribution and a flexible holiday policy of 33 days, including bank holidays, which we’ll make sure you get to enjoy. Our culture is very autonomous and you’ll be empowered to work on what and how you like to generate results. If you’re self-determined and want to be accountable to your team, instead of a line manager, this role is for you.
• Initial application: • CV
• A covering note detailing the life experience that makes you amazing; why you’re good for us; and especially why we’re right for you.
• First interview
• Task & presentation • Second interview
There will be opportunities to ask questions throughout. If Tumelo sounds like a bit of you and if you are excited to ride this rollercoaster alongside us, then please apply
Start date: ASAP