We are changing things. We are So Energy, a fast-growing 100% renewable energy supplier in the UK. We’re the leading energy supplier for customer service. We’ve won a host of awards too; in each quarter since 2017 we’ve been recognised by Citizens Advice as a top ranked supplier out of a total of 50. We’ve also won the 2020 Moneyfacts Energy Provider of the Year award and been recognised as a Which? recommended energy supplier for 2020. Our Customer Care Teams are the nerve centre of our entire operation. People here are the voice of our business – providing excellent service, direct to our customers whenever they need us.
An ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, works well within a team and passionate about what they do. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are key; both when interacting with our customers, as well as with fellow team members. We’re looking for an enthusiastic person who takes pride in their work and is looking to take on a new challenge. At So Energy, our employees are just as important to us as our customers. We will provide training and support your development throughout your career. We want our Customer Operations Managers to lead the managers of the future as we both grow together.
This role will be working from home two days a week. The other 3 days will be from our office in Chiswick. In order to successfully work from home, any candidate for this role will need to have:
(a) A safe, private and distraction free environment from which to work in the UK;
(b) A strong internet connection with a minimum download speed of 10mbps and an upload speed of 3 mbps;
(c) A smartphone
Who we’re looking for?
As a Customer Operations Manager, it will be your role to ensure that our Customer Operations team reflects our brand, mission, and tone of voice. You will report into the Head of Customer Operations and you will lead the delivery of all customer-facing services to both our existing and future customers.
You’ll need to be passionate about our business to ensure that we deliver on our customer promises in a rapidly growing and changing environment. If you’re already an accomplished leader and you know how to lead for customer and employee engagement, including performance management and KPIs, this role is for you. The role will be responsible for all aspects of Customer Care for So Energy, including:
- New/Potential/Existing customer queries
- Billing Queries
- Tariff Changes (Mid-Contract / End of Contract / During cooling-off period)
- General Enquiries
The team will be supporting domestic energy customers during core office and extended hours. This will be achieved using a blend of working patterns and maximising the teams’ potential.
Our strategy is to deliver our services with highly automated processes and to use state of the art support technologies (new website and app coming shortly), enabling us to deliver support that reaches beyond our customers’ expectations. Support is multi-channel (Telephone, Webchat, Portal, Letters, SMS, Email & Social Media).
The customer care team sits alongside the metering and payments teams, allowing So Energy to deliver seamless customer care remotely. The post holder will have a close working relationship with the other Stakeholders.
Working closely with the Head of Customer Operations and other managers, the post holder will be responsible for managing, building, and ongoing operation of the customer care team. As the business and service offerings grow you will develop both the capacity and capability of the team to deliver profitable and industry leading levels of customer care and technical support.
Responsible for Customer Service Delivery:
- Maintain and suggest new processes, tools and knowledge to deliver industry leading multichannel customer care and technical support;
- Recruit a high quality team;
- Work with the Scheduling Manager to forecast and scale the team so that capacity is ready as the business needs it;
- Work with the Quality and Training team to ensure consistent quality is delivered through a combination of quality standards, training, coaching and monitoring.
- Monitor and deliver SLAs ensuring they are met, maximizing first time resolution and minimizing escalations.
- Coordinate the resolution of customer issues/complaints across the business.
- Manage the introduction of new products and services into the customer care team
- Ensure compliance with OFGEM requirements
Lead all customer on-boarding and ensure that we provide an excellent customer experience, ensuring the smooth on-boarding of a customer and their supply points. Management and ownership of the day to day tasks and processes within the team.
- Establish a culture of continuous improvement and work collaboratively to highlight improvement opportunities for our customers and the business;
- Analyse the root causes of customer issues and drive resolution;
- Report performance against SLAs, KPIS and customer measures with volume and cause
- Performance management, ongoing training and development of the team;
- Drive a positive culture within the team, aligned with our values;
- Own and manage the complaints process, webchat integration and be a role-model for the Team Leaders and Senior Customer Operations Advisors.
- Experience managing a Customer Care team / technical support, ideally gained in a B2C technical service environment
- Lead from the front and act as a role model and mentor for the Team Leaders.
- Proven experience of managing multi-channel contact centre, including knowledge management and customer self service portals;
- Experience of best practice CRM and Case/ Ticket management;
- Highly analytical, using data to drive insights and decisions;
- Escalated complaint handling experience
- Highly analytical with strong reporting and numeracy skills in analysing both employee and customer performance and behaviours.
- Drive for quality and attention to detail;
- Good problem solving skills;
- Effective at external and internal stakeholder management;
- Calm, measured and articulate;
- Excellent leadership and coaching skills.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary and performance related bonus
- Pension matching as part of auto-enrolment
- Continued professional development
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, and an extra day holiday for your birthday!
- Cycle to work
- Perkbox which includes discounts, freebies and well-being assistance
- Regular company socials, last Friday of each month nibbles and drinks in the office
- An opportunity to work in a fast changing industry for a leading disruptor in the field
- Work in leafy Chiswick with free daily breakfast
- Great reward and recognition
- Exposure to all parts of a growing business
Current Working hours: 08:30-19:00 Monday to Friday with split shifts being 08:30 to 17:30 and 10:00 to 19:00. Saturdays 08:30-17:30 for email, social media and webchat.Breaks: One hour for lunch and two 15 minute breaks We’ll train you to be the best.
You’ll get paid as you learn So Energy technologies and get familiar with our approach to customer conversations.
So Energy care about helping the energy industry become a much more diverse and inclusive environment and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and building an inclusive environment for all.
If you are interested in finding out more please apply making sure to complete all the questions to the best of your ability and attached an up to date version of your CV.