SOLVING THE PROBLEM OF FOOD WASTE
OLIO is the world’s only neighbour-to-neighbour food sharing app, and our mission is to solve the problem of food waste in the home & local community. We do this by connecting anyone with spare food – which can be households or food businesses – with neighbours living nearby who would like it. Globally, over one third of all the food we produce gets thrown away, which is worth over $1 trillion and the average UK family throws away £800 of food each year – collectively adding up to £15bn. OLIO solves this with our award-winning mobile & web app.
Over the past 5 years OLIO has grown from a local initiative in North London, UK to a global movement. We now have over 4 million users who have together shared well over 19 million portions of food – with food being successfully shared in 59 countries and counting. Underpinning this incredible growth has been our volunteer programme, with over 65,000 people reaching out to spread the word about OLIO in their local community and rescue unsold food.
OLIO works with over 2,500 business locations across the UK with Food Waste Hero volunteers completing over 8,000 surplus food collections each week. OLIO is now looking to grow the Food Waste Heroes team substantially whilst scaling up with leading food businesses (supermarkets, coffee chains, quick service restaurants, and many more!) which have chosen to stop food waste by asking OLIO Food Waste Heroes to to collect and distribute surplus food to the local community. We are the change the world needs now!
JOIN OUR TEAM!
In order to accelerate OLIO to its next level in growth and impact, we are recruiting for Customer Satisfaction Agents
(part time – 10 to 20 hours per week, with the possibility to go full time in 2022 as OLIO continues to grow) to support OLIO’s Food Waste Heroes throughout the week (includes evening and weekend support on a rolling shift rota) on chat, email and (where needed) phone support.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Being the day to day voice of OLIO, assisting Food Waste Heroes by answering their questions on email, chat,
and occasionally phone
- Reviewing, categorising, answering, resolving, and assigning Customer Support queries
- Resolving disputes and mediating between Food Waste Heroes, and between Food Waste Heroes and
businesses when things don’t go as planned
As mentioned, this role involves an out-of-hours schedule where you will need to either cover weekday mornings or evenings, and weekends, on a rotating shift rota.
We’re working very flexible hours, and are happy to accommodate your schedule! You can work from anywhere!J
Once you have proven yourself you will have great freedom and autonomy, coupled with an enormous opportunity for personal development. OLIO is a remote-first company and our culture allows us to work together efficiently, effectively, momentary autonomously whilst still feeling connected with your colleagues, especially during times of physical distancing due to Covid-19. We are an incredibly diverse team, originating from different parts of the world and working from different parts of the world. Yet we are one!
PS We wholeheartedly live for our mission, but have fun along the way!
IS THIS YOU?
Our ideal candidates will first and foremost be as passionate about our mission as we are! In addition to this, they will have the following experience and skills:
- Professional experience in a customer facing role (account management/customer success/sales experience)
- Outstanding written communication skills, with excellent grammar and punctuation
- Enterprise software experience a plus
- A high degree of empathy for others
- An ability to stay calm when confronted with customers who are upset or angry
- Work, projects, university or voluntary work in the field of social good or environmentalism
- Tech savvy – you will be required to use our purpose-built database software to investigate queries, and
work regularly with spreadsheets (basic Excel skills sufficient)
- A high level of organisational skills, with close attention to detail
- An ability to work quickly and interact with multiple people at the same time/in quick succession
And all OLIO team members share these attributes:
o Thorough,butabletomovequicklyanddecisively o Aruthlessabilitytoprioritise
o Diverse(20nationalities,20%LGBTQT+,etc.) o Funtoworkwith☺
HOW TO APPLY
Please fill in our application form and upload your CV. We look forward to receiving your application! Or type this address in your browser: https://forms.gle/aopFa3hfyakfkMLy5