To apply for this job please visit peoplesenerg.bamboohr.com.
Who is People’s Energy?
People’s Energy is a fast-growing ethical gas and electricity supply company, based in Shawfair near Edinburgh but supplying to customers UK wide. We launched on 1 August 2017 and are growing rapidly – we are at over 250,000 customers now. We have an ambitious goal: We want to put 1 million people in charge of their own energy and become known as the energy company that can be trusted to do the right thing at all times, for people, communities and the planet.
People’s Energy differs significantly from existing energy suppliers. We want to bring trust back into the energy market and offer a simple, fair and affordable solution for all customers, including these currently in fuel poverty. We were crowdfunded, have no external shareholders, and we promise to give 75% of the profits back to our domestic customers. The electricity we sell is renewable. We promise full transparency, and we involve customers through representatives on our Advisory Board. Staff members also have a representative on the Advisory Board, and we are keenly focused on staff well being and development. We are a Living Wage employer.
People’s Energy is a company run by the people, for the people and therefore our members are at the heart of everything we do. We strive to provide an excellent customer experience in all interactions we have with our members.
At the heart of this is our Membership Support Team who provide first line dedicated support to our members on any queries or initial registration needs they may have.
Inbound calls only, no sales or cold calling. You will work 37.5 hours per week, between the business opening hours of 08:00 – 20:00, Monday to Sunday.
We are moving into an exciting phase of the business, with significant growth and innovation, which will see our Membership Support Team expand to support this growth and to continue delivering an excellent customer experience. We are therefore excited to recruit experienced and highly motivated Customer Service Advisors (Membership Support Consultants).
The role will provide customer service support to our members on all of their People’s Energy needs. This is a exciting and challenging role as it is more than a contact centre role. You will have a wide variation of responsibilities which focus on member emails, calls, live chats and off line tasks (processes).
Unlike some energy companies, we provide training to our staff on all areas of the customer journey which allows you to be multi-skilled and able to answer a wide range of member queries.
With continued growth across the business, this team is at the centre of it all and provides fantastic opportunities for growth and development within the role and team.
Roles and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Provide day to day support to our members on any queries, registration needs or issues, through answering telephones calls and emails.
- Provide exceptional customer service and care in every member interaction.
- Work allocated offline tasks (processes) as directed by your Supervisor.
- Manage, resolve and escalate complaints accordingly in line with the complaints process.
- Manage all follow up work, diarising actions to ensure they are fully resolved and completed for the member.
- Multitask between a number of different workstreams to support customer demand.
- Maintain your knowledge and understanding through self development and learning.
- Ensure set KPIs and SLAs are maintained and adhered to.
- Adhere to call quality standards and compliance requirements.
- React to real time demand, to re-prioritise to ensure the customer needs are met.
- Continually assess ways in which we can improve processes, to work more efficiently and provide a better customer experience.
What are we looking for?
- You will have exceptional experience in customer service, more specifically in a call centre environment
- Experience working in a busy contact centre environment, with high call demand, as well as offline requirements
- You need to have experience dealing with and managing complaints
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Someone who is adaptable and can multitask between a number of different tasks and responsibilities at one time
- A problem solver with a positive can do attitude
- Someone who puts the customer at the centre of everything they do
- Someone who thrives from a busy and dynamic working environment
- An individual who is highly responsible, proactive, a problem solver and passionate about people and customer service
This role is ideal for someone who has experience in customer service who is looking for an new challenge. The business is moving to an exciting phase and this is a great opportunity for an experienced customer service representative who has a passion for learning, people and customer service.
At People’s Energy we are committed to ensuring that everyone, no matter race, background, sexuality, gender or any other protected characteristic is supported and afforded equal opportunities in the business. As it says on our website – we are by the people, for the people. We are committed to maintaining a fair and measured recruitment process and our development opportunities are open to all.