The Customer Service Team are the face of our business. We lead from the front in providing a first class customer service whether that’s by resolving a customer’s query whilst they’re on the phone or by managing their case later on. This role involves a mix of hands on customer case management, inbound phone and email contact as well as supporting other colleagues and departments as and when the business needs.
Our Customer Service team is a one stop shop for any customer query, we are using cutting edge technology to get our customers talking to the right person – first time. We don’t give our people scripts we want you to be yourself while helping our customers at the same time.
The role will have a mixture of inbound work but also outbound for any assigned customers that need follow up work. Managing your own time and prioritising your work will be key.
- Provide exceptional customer centric service delivering first contact resolution for all our customers via inbound and outbound phone contact, our electronic platforms and face-to-face interactions.
- Proactive and positive approach utilising the skills and expertise of those in the wider business areas to resolve customer queries, whilst retaining customer ownership.
- Have an active involvement in Quality Assurance, ensuring that policies, procedures, and best practices are met and maintained at both an individual and team level
- Manage and adhere to service level and resolution targets for assigned customers
- To engage with teams across the business to ensure customer requests are completed in a timely manner
- To ensure our customer accounts are correct and all requests are completed accurately and first time to enable precise billing for our customers
- To take responsibility and ownership for customer queries ensuring the customer is responded too promptly & updated frequently
- Continuous improvement – Provide constructive feedback, contribute and support process improvements that will drive increased customer satisfaction striving to improve our customers journey with us.
- Effective customer resolution ensuring information is compliant against Industry standards.
- Educate, coach and influence customers on best practice for domestic energy use
- Any other ad-hoc duties as requested by Leadership & Management.
You’ll have a thirst for knowledge and keen to broaden your skills and energy industry knowledge base. We are looking for people who are super passionate about providing excellent customer service and have a proven track record – Setting customer expectations from the off and doing the right thing for our customers within the compliance framework of the industry.
As an individual you’ll have exceptional time management skills, as well as being able to multi-task, enabling you to meet targets and deliver the needs of our customers. You’ll be a superb communicator, who is able to influence and coach both our internal and external customers how best to use our services, whilst showing passion and enthusiasm for a greener Britain.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Ability to build rapport
- Experience in providing an excellent level of customer service
- Good computer literacy, including Microsoft word and Excel
- Excellent listening skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills across multiple channels.
- Excellent time management with ability to prioritise workloads
- Effective objection handling
- Numeracy and problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience in using multiple IT systems simultaneously
Specific Knowledge Required
- Experience of Customer Relationship Management Systems
- Proven track record of working in a target focused environment and driving successful performance.
- Utility industry knowledge & experience would be beneficial
- Manages relationships effectively both internally and externally
- Influences outcomes by using effective negotiation
- Treats customers the way we like to be treated ourselves
- Solutions focused and resourceful
- Committed to continual improvement
- Engaging and motivating attitude and style
- Methodical and organised, managing own work
- Is receptive to feedback and acts accordingly
- Exceptional team player who builds open and supportive relationships
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Creative and innovative
Ecotricity is Britain’s greenest energy company. When we started back in 1995, we were the first company in the world to supply a new kind of electricity – the green kind.
Our mission was and remains to change the way energy is made and used in Britain – by replacing fossil fuels with clean, renewable energy.
We don’t just supply green energy, we use the money from our customers’ bills to make it ourselves too – we build windmills and sun parks in Britain. We call this ‘bills into mills’. In 2021, we’re starting work on building two new solar parks, and in 2022 we’re bringing geothermal energy to our customers’ fuel mix, a first in the UK. We’re also developing green gas mills which will generate 100% green gas from a source that will never run out – grass.
We don’t just focus on energy though – we built the Electric Highway, Britain’s leading network of electric vehicle charge points, we helped Forest Green Rovers become the greenest football club in the world, and, in partnership with RSPB, we launched Britain’s greenest mobile phone service, Ecotalk + RSPB.