Onto is the all-inclusive electric car subscription changing the rules of the game for car ownership.
We are a high-growth tech scale-up, having launched 4 years ago with significant funding from top-tier VCs, most recently raising £125 million of investment in July 2021 through a Series B funding round. Over the last 12 months we have averaged 30% month-on-month growth and we have the largest electric fleet in the UK, with over 3,500 active subscribers in August 2021. Our team has grown dramatically, with offices in London, Leamington and Birmingham with overseas expansion planned for 2022.
By 2030 the UK government has declared that all new cars must be electric. At Onto we believe that change can’t come soon enough and we want to give everyone the experience of driving an electric car whilst also doing the right thing for our planet.
Over the last 10 years other industries such as media and food delivery have already shown that customers love the benefits of a subscription service. One industry that hasn’t moved forward so quickly is how people purchase cars. 2 out of 3 UK drivers want their next car to be electric, but it’s daunting. Last year out of the 2.3m cars sold in the UK, 90% of new cars in the UK were sold through finance, with a multi-year commitment, yet 70% of consumers decided against paying the final balloon payment to own the car at the end of the contract.
Drivers want more flexibility and the convenience of paying monthly but without long-term personal finance contracts or the hassle of arranging insurance, servicing, tax or repairs.
At Onto, for a flat monthly fee, customers get the latest electric cars with insurance, servicing, breakdown cover and free public charging at over 12,000 locations in the UK. There is no deposit and only a 1-month commitment. Hassle-free, emissions-free and affordable driving.
How does it work? Simple. It’s a fully digital service. Sign up and we’ll deliver your car to your door within 72 hours. You just need to unlock your car with the Onto app and enjoy your drive!
Onto was formed in 2017 by co-founders Rob Jolly (CEO) and Dannan O’Meachair (VP People). Originally formed after Rob saw the challenge of converting people over to electric vehicles while working in the Corporate Strategy area of Jaguar Land Rover. After a few pivots in strategy and company name changes, Onto was born.
About the role
Are you passionate about providing amazing customer service? Do you want to be a specialist in your field? Do you want to be part of the electric car revolution and help us give amazing service to our customers? Then read on!
This role is all about delivering a first-class customer experience by leading on proactive customer processes and dealing with them promptly and professionally.
You will be working as part of a small team and with the wider team of Customer Service Executives (CSE) and teams across the company to proactively manage the customer experience. You will be reaching out to customers to remind them of their need to take action based on their account status and caring for them as part of the Onto family and delivering an experience that differentiates Onto ensuring they feel part of the family and loyalty to the brand. While managing and learning these workstreams you will build confidence in speaking with our customers and through organic learning experiences begin to build confidence and experience of how our products and the wider business works.
You will be delivering the very best in proactive customer experience and be part of making the Onto experience something our customers love!
And that is just the beginning of the journey.
Who you are
- You should be educated to A level standard or equivalent and have had at least 1 years experience working either face to face or in a remote customer service role.
- You will be someone who feels comfortable speaking with a wide range of individuals and has a passion for making sure that their Onto experience is the best it can be.
- You will be at the beginning of your journey into customer service and have a passion to help others and ensure you deliver world class experiences in each and every interaction. We see this role as a first step in your life and career at Onto and expect that you will progress into the CSE role within 12-18 months within the role.
What you will do
- Completing Registrations for all new applicants and fully understanding the registration workflow and required activities to onboard customers.
- Understanding and managing the chasing of contract renewals and the importance of this to the business.
- Supporting the chasing and workflow management of the payment process for customers, including all payments, cancellations and swapping, supporting to be retained on the Onto product set.
- Completing all delivery feedback calls/surveys, the target is to contact 85% within 3 working days of delivery
- Calling customers who are 3 months into their contract and assessing their feedback against agreed parameters, 85% to be done via a call within 3 days of the 3-month delivery date.
- Manage all cancellation requests within 1 working day of the form being completed and ensure this is tracked.
- Encouraging customers who have had a positive experience to complete a Trustpilot review, 10% of all contacts to complete a review.
- Respond to all Trustpilot reviews on behalf of Onto for both negative and positive reviews. To bring consistency to the voice of Onto in this area.
- Manage the loyalty programme emails and be the key point of contact for this workflow.
- Complete all Refresh and retire programmes ongoing at any one time, adhering to business rules while facilitating the current member base in being retained and moving to another Onto product.
- Become a key member in the community, regularly responding and keeping abreast of issues in the community and feeding this back into the business to ensure that concerns do not become complaints and lead to a detrimental customer experience
Targets and measures of success
The targets will be defined by the workflows you are managing and shared on a daily and monthly basis. This will contribute to the overall monthly performance and 121s and will be used to progress you through the different workflows and to ensure you are ready to progress to the Customer Service Executive position.
To accommodate our customer base, this role is shift based work where hours may vary. Typically shifts are 08:00 am- 16:30 pm or 10:30 am- 19:00 pm and working one weekend in 3. We will discuss with you in advance if exact hours may change depending on business needs. We value two-way flexibility with hours on an as needs basis. There is also the need to work one weekend a month based on a rota.
What we offer you
Fantastic growth opportunities and autonomy in a high-growth startup
- An environment where you are empowered and you can drive forward change.
- Regular performance reviews and based on performance, great career development opportunities as the business scales.
- Competitive salary according to experience, plus the opportunity for share options ● 25 days holiday (pro rata) + bank holidays
- Team Socials (virtual ATM)
- Onto car salary sacrifice scheme
- Retail, travel & cinema discounts via Benefits Hub
Salary: £18,000 – £22,000