Onto is the all-inclusive electric car subscription changing the rules of the game for car ownership.
By 2030 the UK government has declared that all new cars must be electric. At Onto we believe that change can’t come soon enough and we want to give everyone the experience of driving an electric car whilst also doing the right thing for our planet.
Over the last 10 years other industries such as media and food delivery have already shown that customers love the benefits of a subscription service. One industry that hasn’t moved forward so quickly is how people purchase cars. 2 out of 3 UK drivers want their next car to be electric, but it’s daunting. Last year out of the 2.3m cars sold in the UK, 90% of new cars in the UK were sold through finance, with a multi-year commitment, yet 70% of consumers decided against paying the final balloon payment to own the car at the end of the contract.
Drivers want more flexibility and the convenience of paying monthly but without long-term personal finance contracts or the hassle of arranging insurance, servicing, tax or repairs.
At Onto, for a flat monthly fee, customers get the latest electric cars with insurance, servicing, breakdown cover and free public charging at over 12,000 locations in the UK. There is no deposit and only a 1-month commitment. Hassle-free, emissions-free and affordable driving.
How does it work? Simple. It’s a fully digital service. Sign up and we’ll deliver your car to your door within 72 hours. You just need to unlock your car with the Onto app and enjoy your drive!
Onto was formed in 2017 by co-founders Rob Jolly (CEO) and Dannan O’Meachair (VP People). Originally formed after Rob saw the challenge of converting people over to electric vehicles while working in the Corporate Strategy area of Jaguar Land Rover. After a few pivots in strategy and company name changes, Onto was born. In 2021 after closing a Series B funding round (we are awaiting full public announcement before we can share the money raised) the Onto team is now setting up for explosive growth.About the role
We are currently looking for an experienced Customer Service professional to manage our Customer Experience Team. You will be working alongside the other Customer Service Managers managing the performance of your team and the wider department. You will train, coach and mentor your team enabling them to provide exceptional customer service to our customers. You will also be responsible for managing all contact channels, ensuring volume and quality targets are met and monitoring our TrustPilot feedback.
As a start-up, Onto’s working environment is fast paced and sometimes ambiguous, it is important you are able to adapt your work style, work on multiple projects and just get stuck in!
This is a fantastic opportunity for a skilled Customer Service Manager who wants to join a growing start-up and be a part of the development of the wider Customer Service Department.
- You will have at least two years experience managing a customer service/experience team – ideally over 8 members and have strong people management skills
- You will be proficient in using Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- You will have experience training, mentoring and coaching teams
- You will have a high attention to detail, excellent written and presentation skills
- You will have strong communication skills and feel comfortable communicating to all levels of the organisation
- You will have knowledge of support centre principles and the ability to plan
- You will thrive under pressure and working to deadlines
- Good organisational and analytical skills and you will be results oriented
What you will do
- You will oversee the day to day management of Customer Experience Team ensuring the demands of the customer are met
- You will be responsible for all channels of communication, ensuring team deadlines are met
- You will monitor and review the performance of the department and drive efficiency, effectiveness and continuous improvement by identifying areas to work on and recommending new ways of working, processes and changes to the operating rhythm
- You will ensure all resources and documentation is available for your team
- You be be responsible for managing complaints in line with our procedures and BVLRA standards
- You will ensure that the team is working towards their SLA’s and KPI’s and monitor their weekly key performance indicators and individual team member scorecards
- You will ensure that there is an operating rhythm in place and you will monitor the teams performance in line with this
- You will coach, mentor and develop your team; setting objectives, carrying out 121’s, doing scorecard reviews and completing appraisals in line with our framework
- You will also lead and contribute to people issues for your team including HR, Induction, Onboarding and Recruitment
- Fantastic growth opportunities and autonomy in a high-growth startup
- An environment where you are empowered and you can drive forward change.
- Competitive salary according to experience, plus the opportunity for share options
- 25 days holiday (pro rata) + bank holidays
- £200 Learning Budget to use on Learnerbly
- Team Socials (virtual ATM)
- Onto car salary sacrifice scheme
- Retail, travel & cinema discounts via Benefits Hub
Salary: £27,000 + based on experience