Taptap Send is VC-backed (including by Reid Hoffman), rapidly growing and a great place for those looking for both impact and a fast-paced tech startup environment. Read more about the journey in Reid Hoffman’s words.
Our product is an app-based solution that lets immigrants send money back home to emerging markets instantly and at very low prices. Since launching in summer 2018, we’ve already moved tens of millions of dollars and reached tens of thousands of customers. We’re live in seven European countries, and we support payments into Senegal, Mali, Zambia, Guinea, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, DR Congo, Morocco, Vietnam and Bangladesh; with lots more countries launching soon.
Global remittances account for over $500 billion annually, most of which moves back into developing countries. But the market is dominated by traditional services that are expensive, can take days to arrive, and have limited reach in rural areas. We’re helping people to send that money instantly and securely at a fraction of the cost.
In addition to Reid Hoffman, we are backed by Canaan, Flourish Ventures, Helios and others. Our team is based across London, New York, Paris and Brussels, and we pride ourselves on hiring exceptional talent — our team members come from a wide variety of top-tier tech companies, professional services firms, and industry leaders, including Twitter, Yahoo, Amazon, Google, McKinsey, Bain & Co, KPMG, Cravath, and Vodafone.
To continue our rapid growth, we’re looking to bring on people who are passionate about our mission and excited to work in a small start-up environment. We have competitive salary and stock options and great benefits, and we were recently rated one of the best companies to escape to by Escape the City’s “Escape 100”.
Taptap Values represent the core of who we are:
Accept reality, propose solutions.
Win with grit.
Be proactively candid, with yourself and others.
Love the particular.
Create positive energy. Maybe, even have fun.
Native French required
Length of contract:
Contract ends Sept 30 2021 with potential for extension
Role-based in the UK, London
You would help us deliver great customer service to the communities we serve and make sure they are reassured and assisted when they need us the most.
You would work shifts and weekend and late hours coverage will be regularly needed.
You will be the face of Taptap Send to our customers! You will:
- Assist customers by taking phone calls, answering emails and replying to incoming chats
- Know our product inside out to educate and inform our customers
- Resolve customer inquiries and escalate issues, as needed
- Suggest improvements to our processes, policies, and documentation to meet customer needs
- Native French, fluent English
- A minimum of one year experience in a call center
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Preference for interacting with people all day in a high-paced environment
- Excitement about working on a small team and helping shape its culture as we grow
- Passion for work with a significant impact on the world
Nice to have
- Experience in the payment space
- Spent time living/working in Africa or Asia
- Additional languages – Italian, Spanish, German or Wolof are just a few examples!
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
- 25 days, public holidays + Pipio day!
- Employer pension contributions
- Regular team events
- Professional development opportunities (e.g. language lessons, trainings, etc.)
- Private health insurance
- Behavioral health benefits