As Beam’s Customer Success Manager, you’re helping Beam deliver its award-winning service as a world-leading innovation in social impact.
We’re frequently told that Beam sets the standard for how it should be when partnering with services within homelessness – and we’re just getting started!
Solving a problem as big and complex and homelessness requires us all to work together. That means government, central and local. It means charities, big and small. You’re someone who gets a huge amount of energy from connecting and collaborating with others. And you want to work in a role that has a visible and meaningful impact, every single day!
Without a doubt, one of the most exciting parts of the role, is the huge variety of stakeholders you’ll network with.
You’ll lead on kicking-off the delivery of new partnership work for Beam – from setting up referral routes, presenting to new partners, to developing an overarching strategy that means outcomes exceed expectations. This ranges from homeless support workers to local Councillors! Plus the opportunity to support our beneficiaries on the very first part of their Beam journey – which is a real privilege and incredibly rewarding.
You’ll achieve these outcomes by having a strong sense of intuition to understand customers needs and how Beam’s service can work best for them and the people they support.
Sound like you?
You’re confident, articulate and a superb presenter and communicator. You’ll love creating beautiful slide-decks and narratives that showcase Beam’s work to our partners.
You’ll have strong analytical skills and able to translate data into accessible information and build new reporting tools, that drives action.
You’re extremely organised and can balance a large volume of inbound enquiries. You’re the type of person who prefers to pick up the phone, or get out there and go to a homeless service, to develop a deeper, more meaningful partnership.
Contributing ideas that refine Beam’s model through creative, weekly team brainstorms that ensures Beam work can scale and improve overall delivery is key.
Having an interest in the public sector is helpful – but experience is by no means essential!
This role is based in London and reports to Head of Government Partnerships, Chloe Moore.
Read more about our company culture in Beam Life
- >2 years high-quality, professional experience in a startup, leading corporate or the public sector in a customer success or partnerships role
- Dynamic and positive personality type with a passion for networking and holding conversations with a huge range of individuals
- Experience of designing and running workshops with a diverse range of stakeholders
- High level of articulacy and comfortable presenting and with presentation software (eg PowerPoint/Slides/Keynote)
- Comfortable using Excel or equivalent to model Beam’s impact
- A strong sense of diplomacy and how to appropriately build relationships with stakeholders across Government and charitable organisations
What we offer in return
- Highly competitive startup salary of £30-45k – we’re open to hearing from a broad range of experiences
- Additional EMI-qualifying share options in Beam
- MacBook Air or PC (brand new / recycled)
- Work phone
- £500 annual “Be Amazing” budget to spend on anything that helps you achieve your potential
- Cycle Scheme
- Plenty of Beam merch and books aplenty
- Perkbox perks – discounts and freebies at hundreds of top brands
- Hybrid office – significant flexibility plus the team bonding and fun of a physical space (once government rules allow)
- Fortnightly socials in everything from candle and pizza making to treasure hunts
- Annual team retreat (once government rules allow)
- Unlimited holiday, with a minimum of 20 days per year
- ‘Beam Team Talks’ – monthly talks to the team from pre-eminent figures in tech and other sectors. Speakers include the cofounders of JustGiving, Booking.com, Starling and Shazam.
The application process
We run a pretty thorough interview process, letting you learn as much about us as we do about you.
- Round 1: Up first is a 30 minute video call with your manager-to-be
- Round 2: Then a timed practical test, giving you a better sense of the role day to day (2.5 hours) followed by 30 minutes debrief
- Round 3: Next, we’ll ask you to do a short presentation
- Round 4: Last of all, three informal chats with members of The Beam Team
Start your journey to a more impactful career today. We’re excited to hear from you. Good luck!