We are looking for a passionate and professional sustainability expert with experience in delivering successful employee and citizen engagement programmes with medium and large businesses. They will help to support our clients, who range from the likes of UK based B Corps such as innocent drinks and Abel & Cole to multinationals such as Siemens Plc and LEGO, to create the best impact and value from our climate action platform, managing the full lifecycle of the customer journey.
The ideal person will have great people skills, be a good communicator, and a strategic thinker. They should have a good grasp of sustainability, with a particular focus on behaviour change and employee engagement.
While we work remotely as a team, you will be expected to visit clients from time to time (when the situation allows), and so should be UK based.
Details of the role:
The ultimate aim of the role is to help ensure that as we grow, our clients and partners continue to increase the impact and longevity of their engagement programmes.
Some of the tasks we’re looking for help with include:
- Establishing strong relationships with clients throughout their customer lifecycle, helping you to spot strategic opportunities for increasing engagement and impact with their programmes, providing trusted advice on how to drive change for good.
- Setting up and embedding scalable processes for supporting a rapidly growing number of enterprise level clients.
- Helping to define requirements and close sales for our enterprise clients.
- Leading kick-off workshops with enterprise clients, advising them on their programme design and communications plans, helping them through the setup process (e.g deciding which Do Actions to include, how to structure their teams, and how to recruit champions).
- Project managing the creation of custom features and white label sites with our product team, to ensure that requirements are gathered and the sites are developed to schedule.
- Helping to train champions, to make sure they fully understand how to use our platform and are fully brought into their programme goals.
- Seeking out and highlighting key user stories and impact trends – e.g. a particularly high uptake of a specific action in one office, or a great impact story from one user.
- Preparing impact reports and case studies for customers.
- Working with designers and our product manager to create support materials and communication tools for our wider client base.
- Feeding back to the team on product development ideas.
This is a new role and you will be expected to play an active part in shaping our approach to the work to help improve the efficiency and efficacy of our customer success work in the future. You may also be asked to help recruit and train new staff in customer success roles in the future.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for someone who…
- Is good at building and maintaining relationships, with a professional-but-down to earth style. You’ll need to feel comfortable talking to clients about everything from showering habits and cooking styles to GDPR and carbon offsetting.
- Has experience working in sustainable business and / or employee engagement (ideally more than 3 years in this space).
- Can demonstrate their ability to project manage multi-stakeholder projects.
- Is a great communicator, able to clearly articulate ideas in person and prepare well structured and compelling written content.
- Is comfortable hosting workshops with a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Has experience working in both small, nimble teams and large businesses (preferable).
- Is an independent, self-driven worker, able to manage their own deadlines and troubleshoot problems..
- Is comfortable using digital tools such as Slack, Trello, Google Drive, and Zoom, which are all critical to working as a remotely distributed team.
- Is able to travel across the UK to meet with clients and host workshops, from time to time.
- Last but not least – you must be interested in and excited by the challenges and opportunities of sustainable living and sustainable business – this is our lifeblood.
About Do Nation:
Do Nation is a small organisation aiming to have a big impact. We’re on a mission to help millions of people to take meaningful climate action, while helping them to form healthy, environmentally friendly habits, both at home and at work. We do this through an online platform where anyone can either make a pledge or run a campaign to raise pledges – pledges to do things like cycling to work, wasting less food, or using reusable coffee cups.
Over the last few years, demand for our services has increased rapidly, leading to a customer base ranging from innocent drinks to The EU; The Earthshot Prize to Siemens Plc. Earlier this year we partnered with Count Us In, an ambitious global project aiming to encourage 1 billion people to take climate action by 2030, which is further fuelling demand for Do Nation.
We’re a small, nimble, and committed team, scattered across the UK and France. We strongly believe in the potential of our unique model to create a wide scale, meaningful impact on one of the most important issues of our time, and we’re hungry to deliver on that.
This is an unusual opportunity to join a small founding team at an exciting stage of rapid but organic and customer-fuelled growth. While we are commercially focused, social impact is the fuel that drives us – and as such, we are proud to be a certified B Corp. We have an attractive employee benefits package, including training budgets, volunteering days, and slow travel policies. We’re a fully remote team working across England, Scotland and France.
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Hours: 4 to 5 days / week
- Location: UK based remote working, with ability to travel within the UK.
- Remuneration: £38,000 – £45,000
- Other benefits: 31 days holiday (+1 day for each year worked with us); slow travel holiday bonus; pension contribution; flexible work policy; annual training budget; 2 volunteer days / year; regular personal coaching through MoreHappi; potential for equity through employee option scheme.
- To apply: Please complete this application form. Note we’re trying to follow a blind recruitment process, so won’t be looking at any of your personal information or CV until the first round of screening has been completed.