Who we are
“Does it get the world to net-zero carbon faster?” Spend time with the Emitwise team, and you’ll often hear this question being asked.
At Emitwise, we’ve built a team that has the skillset and ambition to bring automated carbon accounting to life — saving businesses time, money, and emissions. Ultimately, we’re a group of people disenchanted with business as usual and looking to make real impact through creative innovation.
Backed by top-tier Silicon Valley investors who share our mission, including True Ventures and Ex Uber CEO Ryan Graves, we are a well-funded seed-stage start-up. Read more about us in publications like Forbes, Business Insider, and Fast Company.
You’ll manage our customer accounts – leading global businesses at varying stages of their sustainability journey – to ensure that they meet their sustainability goals and get the most out of Emitwise’s industry-changing platform.
We think in terms of impact, not strict responsibilities. Here’s how you will contribute when you join:
- Efficiency is key. You will help us refine our customer playbook and customer strategy so Emitwise can deliver an amazing user experience.
- You’re the organised one. Using your project management and communication skills, you’ll lead team coordination across our rapidly growing customer base.
- You will delight. We do, too! You will own customer accounts and will collaborate with our product team to develop more of the “delight plan” features that provide deep insight on customer carbon data. Creative thinking and customer knowledge will be key.
- You’ll grow our customer base. Your ability to adapt to different customer industries and levels of sustainability experience will help us expand our coverage with confidence.
- You’ll deliver for customers at every step. Supported by our carbon accounting team, you’ll be the customer’s guide at every step, fromonboarding through delivery, target-setting, and CO2 reduction plans.
- You will be an industry expert. Even if you aren’t one yet,we’ll help you become one – we have a generous training stipend and our team loves to support one another. Your passion for the subject will be contagious.
Importantly, from day one, we’ll work with you to map out how you can make an impact and how your career will grow over time. We aren’t just hiring to fill a role; we are looking for a team member to help us grow Emitwise.
Your skills and experience
- You have 2+ years of experience managing B2B (ideally SaaS) customer relationships and can use metrics to demonstrate that you have created an exceptional experience for your customers
- You are curious and will take the initiative to dive deep into the product so you understand how and why the customer is using it
- You have excellent judgement and know how to take control of a customer conversation
- You love building relationships. You will be the first face of Emitwise for customers, and will work with their C-suite execs and sustainability heads for years
- You’re a duck. No matter how much your legs are churning under the water, you stay calm above the surface. Customers don’t phase you; issues with deadlines don’t phase you
- Empathy is one of your greatest skills. You can understand customer needs and help guide them to uses of our product that they hadn’t even realised they needed
- You are passionate about our mission. “Does it get the world to net-zero carbon faster?” Expect to ask yourself this question regularly when working at Emitwise
What’s in it for you?
- Accelerating the global fight against climate change through climate action responsibility
- Being part of a supportive, collaborative team full of amazing talent
- Bringing advanced software solutions to vital but antiquated industries
- Helping to manage the chaos of growing a company (and sometimes contributing to that chaos)
We also offer a range of benefits that we feel are critical to a happy, productive workplace, including generous holiday, a personalised workspace, flexible working hours, social impact time off, professional development, mental health time off and a competitive compensation package.
What are you waiting for?
If this sounds like a team you’d like to join, a mission you’d like to be part of and a role you’d thrive in, then apply now! Whatever skills you bring to the table and whatever background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. The time to act is now.
Right to work
We are currently only accepting applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
We believe in the value of diveristy
We believe diversity is the cornerstone of innovation. We embrace uniqueness and continually strive for equity for all. Ultimately, our team powers Emitwise. We want all our employees to feel valued and appreciated for who they are, where they come from, and what they’ve achieved. Our employee policy is designed to prevent discrimination regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique.