Food waste is a $1 trillion problem – costing the world over 1% of global GDP. We’re dead set on solving the problem and looking for people to help us achieve our mission. We, at Winnow, believe that food is far too valuable to waste, and that technology can transform the way we produce food. Our team is made of people who all share a passion for food and technology.
Winnow was founded in London in 2013 to help the hospitality industry prevent food waste through the internet of things tools in the kitchen. We have worked with hundreds of sites and are operating in over 30 countries around the world supported by our offices in London, Dubai, Shanghai, Singapore, Romania and North America. We are a rapidly growing company with a strong base of clients who are rolling out our system globally. We have blue-chip customers including Accor Hotels, IKEA, IHG, Marriott, Compass Group and many others.
Winnow’s clients on average reduce waste by over 50% by value and sustain savings. Winnow has now worked with hundreds of sites to reduce food waste, including hotels, universities and schools, staff restaurants, event/hospitality kitchens, buffets, pubs, and high street restaurants. Where the system is permanently adopted, pre-consumer waste value is reduced by 50% – 70% with no detrimental impact to the perceived quality or value of the offer to their customers. This represents a typical improvement of food cost savings of 3% to 8%, commonly a 40%+ increase in profitability for operations.
As the global leader in addressing food waste, we are committed to continue pushing the envelope on what technology can do to solve this problem. Winnow Vision, our new artificial intelligence-based technology, is trained to automatically track all food waste thrown away. It has won awards at the World Economic Forum and has been received tremendous enthusiasm from our clients and the industry. You can read more about it on our website and this article in Forbes.
We are passionate about living our values and place them at the centre of everything we do. We are excited about like minded talent who share these values, joining us in our mission:
- Equal parts head and heart. We’re both passionate and measured. We carefully balance the need for quick solutions and pragmatism with the ability to step back, take in the bigger picture and build for the long term.
- Bravely honest. With each other, that means we’re a transparent organisation where a healthy, respectful debate is encouraged. With our customers, we challenge them if we don’t think they’re achieving their goals, whether they be environmental or financial.
- People of action. Done is better than perfect, and we learn by boldly doing then rapidly improving. We’re breaking new ground, so we know things might go wrong. But we judge ourselves and each other on our reaction and our resilience.
- Bound by food. We’re a diverse bunch, but our belief in the value of food is the common thread in everything we do. With each other, we celebrate through our love and respect for food. With our customers, it means we work hard to develop creative tools to make it easy for chefs to value food.
- Hungry and humble. Our product is revolutionary, our people are impressive, and we’re hungry for change. But, we’re just the catalyst for a bigger movement. We stay humble regardless of our success, and make chefs the heroes in this journey.
- People and Planet Positive. We’re caretakers of the planet, helping to preserve and support it for now and the future. Our work already minimises the impact that the hospitality industry has on the planet, and we’re also committed to actively reducing our own footprint while doing so. We’re leaving the planet and its people better off than we found them
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing start-up (and one of Wired’s top 100 start-ups in Europe) and help us propel our growth at what is truly the most exciting and dynamic points in time in our business. You will work alongside a driven team who are motivated by building an exciting business and leaving the world a better place than we found it.
About the team
The Operations team are responsible for the on-boarding and implementation of our technology across new customers, as well as ensuring on-going success once the system is up and running on client sites. The goal – successful pilots with early clients, such that they quickly become key clients deploying our technology on a national and international scale.
The team manage the processes, systems and controls which enable our business to successfully scale and grow. The team continually review these processes to provide innovative enhancements to achieve operational excellence, which in turn enable the company to meet its strategic objectives.
Our Operations team consist of over 20 colleagues who are based in London, Dubai, Singapore and the US.
We are looking for a motivated and entrepreneurial individual with a can-do attitude to join our European Operations team to support our European customers. You will be playing an instrumental role in managing and growing Europe’s client portfolio. You will have opportunities to lead exciting implementation projects with our key clients across different locations.
The role will involve regional travel. You should be comfortable to spend around 25% of your time traveling.
Key objectives of role:
The full scope of your role will be discussed in detail at interview, however typical tasks might include:
- Build strong relationships with clients ensuring they are bought in to making Winnow system successful
- Understand clients’ current situation and needs to tailor the best solutions for them
- Ensure smooth end-to-end implementation process with client, train multi-disciplined teams to use Winnow in person and remotely
- Take consultative approach to keep clients engaged in utilizing Winnow system to manage their food waste reduction
- Proactively analyse client reports and troubleshoot with the client where needed
- Manage KPIs jointly with the client and Winnow’s senior team members to ensure that the system is delivering a strong business case, implementing changes where necessary
- Collaborate closely with internal teams in different regions
- Take initiatives to improve internal process and procedure (in line with Winnow Int’l)
- Support our front line tech and customer support team with clients’ enquiries where required
Education and experience:
- You are at least degree educated
- You will have ideally gained work experience in the hospitality industry, ideally within a multi-national organisation in a Client Success / Delivery or Project Management / Account Management / Consultancy capacity
- You have an intermediate level of Excel and working knowledge of Work and Powerpoint
- You have experience using Google applications to coordinate with colleagues
- You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills in the three European languages you speak
- You are a data driven person who can use data to track the success of your clients
- You share our belief that collaboration is critical to achieving our mission. You can demonstrate how you have thrived working effectively in partnership with others
- You have proven experience in challenging and questioning the status quo. You enjoy suggesting creative and innovative solutions to improve the way things get done
- You are results driven and can demonstrate how you have delivered value-added solutions which are intuitive and easy to use
- You have proven experience of knowing what it takes to provide consistently first-class customer service to customers, remaining calm and measured even when dealing with the most demanding of individuals
- You have excellent attention to detail and a meticulous eye for identifying inconsistencies or inaccuracies in data. You take your time to ensure you get things right the first time
- You are able to organise self, including effective project management and scheduling, prioritisation and time management skills, managing multiple tasks in parallel and completing tasks to tight deadlines
- You are willing to roll up your sleeves and get work done, taking the initiative to help your team members. You have a growth mentality and a willingness to learn
- Competitive base salary
- Company stock options package
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Company part-funded health insurance
- Employee assistance programme
- 25 days of paid vacation time (plus the option to buy a further 5 days annual leave) in addition to national holidays
- You will love what you do – waking up every day solving one of the biggest social problems of our generation
- Committed team members with broad experience who share a common passion to build a world class business