Customer Support | Up to £22k | Remote (but a London office if you wish to use it)
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point (an Electric Vehicle charging point) everywhere you park. To make that vision a reality, we need the brightest, most tenacious and most inspiring talent in the world – we are growing faster than the market and we need to maintain that velocity – that’s where you come in!
Pod Point is building the charging infrastructure that’s accelerating electric vehicle adoption in the UK and Norway.
We want to give our customers a five star experience whenever they contact Pod Point, so we’re expanding our team to make sure we can provide timely support to all our customers. As such, we’re looking for an innovative, creative Customer Support Executive (who is happy to work a shift pattern including evenings and weekends) to jump on board and help us achieve our ambitious growth goals.
The position will report into the Head of Customer Support & Network Operations and will be based remotely with potential opportunity to visit our Old Street Office if you choose once we have more government clarification on COVID restrictions.
What you’ll do
This role will work on a rotating shift pattern and therefore you must be happy to work evenings and weekends on a regular basis.
- You will be the first point of contact for any new or existing customers
- You will be the first point of contact for our third party installers
- Answer every incoming call to a high standard
- Respond to customer emails in a timely fashion
- Direct calls to the appropriate person
- Guide customers through our website
- Log any faults with any of our units and pass information on to the relevant team
- Attain great customer satisfaction feedback
What you’ll need
- Some experience dealing with customers (e.g. previous experience in a customer service or retail role)
- Experience writing professional emails
- Good telephone manner with excellent attention to detail, making few (if any) mistakes
- A strong desire to provide an excellent experience for the customer
- The ability to work well under pressure, to learn new systems quickly, to operate efficiently and reliably, to self start without needing to be prompted and to work well in a team
- Willing to take on responsibility
- The ability to look at your own data and self optimise
- Experience using CRM systems (Salesforce would be a big plus)
- Passionate and knowledgeable about climate change, sustainability and/or the EV industry
And if you’re not sure whether you’re what we’re looking for – send us your CV anyway! We love to hear from people who are passionate about what we do, and we always take the view that a good cultural fit (and mission alignment) is much more important than ticking all the “qualifications, skills and experience” boxes.
Our culture is electric
At Pod Point we like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word – we’re anything but.
We work hard; we’re not clock-watchers but equally you may find yourself working into the evening very occasionally. In return we’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape the role, give you ground-breaking projects to work on and surround you with fantastic, talented people. We also provide the following benefits:
- Salary Sacrifice Electric Vehicle Scheme
- Flexible working hours and a casual dress code
- Remote first working approach
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave scheme
- Pension scheme
- Eyecare scheme
- Bike to work scheme and discounted gym membership
The socially distant elephant in the room
Our first priority (at all times, but especially during the COVID-19 pandemic) is to make sure we’re not unnecessarily exposing Pod Pointers to potential health risks, so we’re conducting all interviews on Google Meet and are able to onboard new starters remotely too. We also realise it can seem daunting to start a new role remotely (and some people struggle with their mental health when working from home at the best of times) so we do intend to reopen the office as soon as it’s safe to do so, and once we do you will be welcome to use that for work if you prefer. Additionally we’re putting in place some extra initiatives to keep our culture humming (for both “work” and “play”) as we transition to being a remote first company.
Final things to note
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!