To apply for this job please visit school-space.typeform.com.
Applications close: 31st August 2020
Start date: ASAP
Location: London (remote during COVID-10)
Hours: Full time (09:00 – 17:30), Monday-Friday
How to apply: Please apply via https://school-space.typeform.com/to/UxOOW0LM
School Space – Why
Like it or not, funding plays a critical role in a schools ability to deliver a great education, and we are unfortunately facing a funding cut crisis in the UK, the scale of which hasn’t been seen since WWII. This is the first problem we’re trying to solve. Secondly, a recent study (conducted by the Eden project) identified that disconnected communities cost the UK economy over £32 billion/year. Extensive research has concluded that people feel happier, safer and more content when they live in connected communities and know their neighbours. This is where School Space comes in.
School Space – How
Schools have lots of spaces that sit empty on evenings, weekends, and holidays. We work with schools across the South East to help them let their spaces to community groups, which not only increases school income, it also makes affordable spaces available to the locals which in turn helps to build a thriving school at the center of a thriving community.
School Space – Team
Founders James and Jemma have been working on this problem for 8 years, and recent success includes investment raises, 55 partner schools, and over a million generated for them. We’ve been on the Techstars 2018 Cohort, been nominated for Social Enterprise UK’s Social Enterprise of the Year, and picked up a few awards and amazing networks along the way. Our team is committed to the nth degree and full of the belief that social business is the model of the future. We have endless determination to see School Space grow fast and well, scaling our impact across the UK and beyond.
The Role – Why
We have grown our customer base of wonderful community members hiring our school spaces – and we need amazing, motivated people to help ensure they have a good experience.
The Role – How
Key responsibilities include:
● Problem solving for our customers, speaking directly with them via email and phone to find a solution to their need (be it positive or negative feedback).
● Proactively spotting patterns in the frustrations or hopes of our customers, seeing where we can change our processes, tools, or product to make them happier.
● Working with our operations team (who manage our school relationships) to ensure we can solve the customer’s problems on the spot, and for the future
● Understanding, prioritising and escalating our customers’ feedback and requests to the rest of the team (sales, product development and operations).
What we want from you:
● Minimum 1 year work experience in customer service or operation
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● A love of customers/people in general and an ability to empathise with their problems, build rapport and leave them satisfied with the solution
● Resilience – the ability to deal with and thrive on people coming to you with things that are going wrong!
● Strong attention to detail
● Curiosity – you should love investigating awkward problems, getting to the root cause and fixing them
● The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment with peers who challenge you to constantly improve
● An eagerness to take on more responsibility, and you thrive on change – we are a start up and that means things are fast moving.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.