Customer Support | Up to £40k p.a. | Remote (but a London office if you wish to use it)
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point (an Electric Vehicle charging point) everywhere you park. To make that vision a reality, we need the brightest, most tenacious and most inspiring talent in the world – we are growing faster than the market and we need to maintain that velocity – that’s where you come in!
Pod Point is building the charging infrastructure that’s accelerating electric vehicle adoption in the UK, Norway and the Republic of Ireland.
We want to give our customers a five star experience whenever they need to contact Pod Point, so we have built an in-house team that provides excellent customer support from early till late, 7 days per week. The team is well loved by both colleagues and customers, but the company is growing rapidly and we now need someone with strong experience in nurturing high performing customer support functions to come on board and lead our team through our next phase of rapid expansion.
As such, we’re looking for an innovative, creative Customer Support Manager (who is happy to work some evenings and weekends) to jump on board and help us achieve our ambitious growth goals. The position will report into the Director of Operations and will be based remotely with potential opportunity to visit our Old Street Office if you choose once we have more government clarification on COVID restrictions.
What you’ll do
- Expertly lead, support and motivate our highly skilled team of customer support champions, providing guidance on difficult customer interactions, regularly offering constructive feedback, and celebrating successes.
- Conduct regular one to one meetings with each team member to identify training needs and help them achieve their career goals.
- Support the forecasting, recruitment and interviewing, induction and onboarding, and ongoing training needs of the team – helping to set the function up for scale.
- Continue the design, implementation and roll out of quality training documentation to build the team’s and company’s knowledge base.
- Report to Senior Management on relevant KPI, quality and compliance stats whilst recognising and identifying trends relating to areas of improvement or development needs.
- Work with the team leaders to achieve a 1 day SLA response time for all incoming queries, and over 95% call answering rate
- Support Customer Support Executives with complex queries, being the point of escalation for VIPs and/or difficult calls, and taking ownership of the ticket through resolution.
- Optimise processes to create the best possible experience for customers.
- Build knowledge and understanding of Salesforce, and make recommendations on how it can be used more efficiently to improve overall productivity.
Additionally, the team works on a rotating shift pattern and therefore you must also be comfortable working evenings and weekends on a regular basis.
What you’ll need
- At least 3-4 years of previous experience in managing and developing a high-performance customer service team, and driving excellence in customer experience within a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to collaborate well with others, motivate and inspire a team to perform to their full potential.
- Good analytical skills, with the technical experience to look at your own data and self-optimise by analysing reports, communicating findings and making improvements.
- Solid IT knowledge, with previous exposure to CRM systems (Salesforce would be a big plus).
- Great prioritisation and organisational skills, with a deep-seated desire to provide an excellent experience for every customer.
- A strategic thinking mindset, with ideas of how we can build a structure that provides a 24/7 service whilst keeping our team happy.
- Knowledge of GDPR, data protection and safeguarding regulations.
- The ability to handle complaints and difficult situations, showing resilience in the face of pushback from others and adaptability and resourcefulness in finding answers and solutions.
- A dog that you can bring into the office
- Passionate and knowledgeable about climate change, sustainability and/or the EV industry
And if you’re not sure whether you’re what we’re looking for – send us your CV anyway! We love to hear from people who are passionate about what we do, and we always take the view that a good cultural fit (and mission alignment) is much more important than ticking all the “qualifications, skills and experience” boxes.
Our culture is electric
At Pod Point we like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word – we’re anything but.
We work hard; we’re not clock-watchers but equally you may find yourself working into the evening very occasionally. In return we’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape the role, give you ground-breaking projects to work on and surround you with fantastic, talented people. We also provide the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours and a casual dress code
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave scheme
- Pension scheme
- Eyecare scheme
- Bike to work scheme and discounted gym membership
- An extensive non-fiction library to provide a bit of inspiration
- The odd Pod Point puppy to cuddle.
The socially distant elephant in the room
So, you may have noticed that the world is a little different right now. As such, there might be a few parts of this spec that appear a bit wishy-washy. We’re sorry about that and we’ll try to give as much clarity as possible as and when we have answers.
Our first priority (at all times, but especially during the COVID-19 pandemic) is to make sure we’re not unnecessarily exposing Pod Pointers to potential health risks, so for now the majority of our team is working from home and we’re not sure when it will be safe for everyone to return to the office. We are, however, continuing to look for candidates who are able to commute to the Old Street area of London when the world becomes a bit more safe. In the meantime, we’re conducting all interviews on Google Meet and are able to onboard new starters remotely.
We also realise it may seem daunting starting a new role remotely (and some people struggle with their mental health when working from home at the best of times) so we’ve put in place some extra initiatives whilst we’re in lockdown (for both “work” and “play”) to keep our culture humming.
Final things to note
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!