To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.
Data Analyst – Heavy Industry
TransitionZero supports investors, governments, companies and civil society seeking to manage the decline of fossil fuels and support the shift to zero carbon growth opportunities. TransitionZero is looking for a highly quantitative market research analyst to help develop our asset level monitoring models, which incorporates our satellite imagery and machine learning applications, as well as assist in building the economic modeling of these assets. The sectors of interest are focused on heavy industry (cement, iron & steel, aluminum, pulp and paper as well as petrochemicals), with plans to expand along the value chain of each commodity handled in these industrial processes.
This role will be based in our engineering team, but will interface closely with our research team.
Roles and responsibilities
- Carrying out market research and data sourcing to feed the models and frameworks developed internally.
- Working closely with our research team to productionise tools and environments to increase the responsiveness and impact of our research.
- Working with our technical and local partners on research collaborations as required.
- Prepare and maintain dashboards to present the results.
- A commercial understanding of power generation and heavy industry assets and the markets in which they operate.
- Numerical degree in computer science, physics, engineering, statistics or data science.
- Ability to write and review production-grade code in Python language.
- Excellent people and communication skills.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, driven to grow the role and company.
- Methodical with a high attention to detail.
- Comfortable working with large and unstructured datasets.
- Team player, organised, meticulous, high integrity.
- Passion for the energy sector and climate change.
- Desire to learn new skills and collaborate with others.
- £35,000 – 38,000 dependent on experience plus performance bonus.
- Generous leave and benefits policy.
- Company culture of inclusion and collaboration.
- Work every day to help make the world a better place.
Please email your CV along with a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The role will remain open until a suitable applicant is found. Contract type negotiable, and open to consultants.