The objective of this position is to support the Microtricity (Feed-in Tariff) department by providing accurate reporting, planning and analytical support, data & insight, and driving forward the department’s data strategy.
This role will be responsible for providing accurate and insightful data and with key trend & root cause analysis. Working closely with the Microtricity leadership team to communicate and deliver key strategic developments.
You’ll be responsible for the compilation and production of accurate and time specific Levelisation, Portfolio and Meter Inspection data reports. You’ll provide insight and commentary into the data, as well as recommendations leading to improved performance.
Through data analysis you’ll identify issues to be addressed to ensure an efficient and smooth customer journey.
From a planning perspective you’ll forecast workload across the team to ensure we have the correct staffing levels. Ensuring that we are fully resourced across the team at key dates throughout the quarterly FIT cycle.
As well as delivering routine reporting, you will be responsible for delivering requests raised by other members of the Microtricity leadership team. These could include ad hoc analysis or new report/solution builds.
Additionally, you will help in delivering key solutions and projects that will benefit the department and the wider business.
The role will involve continual development as we strive to stay on top of the latest trends in the data & analytics community.
What will you do?
- Analyse qualitative and quantitative data to find trends, identify problems and inform decision makers
- Design and develop new, user-friendly reports
- Create and update team processes, promoting self-serve and automation
- Review current reports and team processes to identify areas for improvements
- Collaborate with stakeholders to implement these changes within the team and other departments
- Support the Levelisation process both quarterly and annually to ensure that submission is correct and on time
- Manage the Biennial reporting and identify key issues in data
- Work with the team’s leadership group to Identify key performance indicators and service level requirements for Microtricity department; considering business requirements (customer service levels) and industry compliance and deadlines
- Provide regular reporting (daily/weekly/monthly etc.)
- Support the implementation of new data system into the department
- Assist with the production and updating of procedural documents and training material
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for reports and analytic processes
- Support the department with internal and external audits
- Cross functionally collaborate with internal stakeholders and key areas such as Data Engineering, Insight & Analysis and B2B to perform data analysis, find data lead solutions to problems and assist in delivery of projects to deadlines.
- Define and implement data cleansing and data enrichment solutions
- Assist with technical and process training to team members
- Experience in the energy industry and FIT Scheme desirable
- Ability to think outside the box and challenge the status quo
- Able to visualize, interpret & present data, and advise on strategies to improve company performance based on results
- Ability to derive and communicate conclusions and recommendations from your analytical results
- You are comfortable providing clear commentary on data, both in written form and when presenting to an internal audience
- Exceptional analytical skills
- High attention to detail
- High level of numeracy, accuracy and problem solving ability
- High level of computer literacy with experience of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Advanced MS excel & working knowledge of SQL Essential
- Stakeholder management & engagement
- Experience using Power BI (or similar)
- Manages relationships effectively both internally and externally
- Great problem solver
- Solutions focused and resourceful
- Committed to continual improvement
- Engaging and motivating attitude and style
- Methodical, logical and organized mentality
- Efficient at managing own workloads
- Is receptive to feedback and acts accordingly
- Exceptional team player who builds open and supportive relationships
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Open minded approach to support and developing team members
Ecotricity is Britain’s greenest energy company. When we started back in 1995, we were the first company in the world to supply a new kind of electricity – the green kind.
Our mission was and remains to change the way energy is made and used in Britain – by replacing fossil fuels with clean, renewable energy.
We don’t just supply green energy, we use the money from our customers’ bills to make it ourselves too – we build windmills and sun parks in Britain. We call this ‘bills into mills’. In 2021, we’re starting work on building two new solar parks, and in 2022 we’re bringing geothermal energy to our customers’ fuel mix, a first in the UK. We’re also developing green gas mills which will generate 100% green gas from a source that will never run out – grass.
We don’t just focus on energy though – we built the Electric Highway, Britain’s leading network of electric vehicle charge points, we helped Forest Green Rovers become the greenest football club in the world, and, in partnership with RSPB, we launched Britain’s greenest mobile phone service, Ecotalk + RSPB.