We’re looking for someone who is dedicated, likes to get to the root of a problem, is great at communicating and committed to problem solving.
You’ll support Pure Planet teams by providing information and analysis on data relevant to their work. The ideal analyst will take ownership, be flexible and have great attention to detail.
- Provide data-driven intelligence across all areas of the company to help the business achieve key objectives
- Present findings to stakeholders and offer action-driven recommendations
- Independently gather requirements and lead projects
- Help to design and develop a new suite of user friendly reporting to support decision making
- Assist with the rollout of a visualisation tool and promote self-serve data access
- Perform ad hoc analysis, insight requests, and data extractions to resolve time-dependent critical business issues
- Work closely with data engineers to translate business needs into supporting data sets
- Identify new opportunities for improvement
- Pioneer new data analysis methodologies and technologies
- Troubleshoot technical issues with data discrepancies, reporting, alerts etc.
- Ensure data-related regulatory requirements are met
- Build reusable models and create documentation that allow other analysts to utilise your work
- Share technical expertise with the team and work closely with other teams to collaborate and leverage cross functional expertise.
- Minimum of 2 years working in a successful data team
- Excellent presentation and communication skills – able to articulate results clearly and concisely to senior stakeholders
- Strong technical accomplishments using SQL and data analysis skills
- Experience in technologies such as Python, Tableau and Airflow and cloud data services e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform etc. is a plus
- Strong data manipulation skills – able to identify discrepancies and validate data to ensure accuracy
- Can confidently build and present meaningful data visualisations
- Can interpret graphical representations of data and make recommendations
- Strong knowledge of statistical principles
- Able to document and version control your work to enable others to pick it up and build on it
- Have a strong desire to master new and emerging technologies
- An understanding of the UK energy market would be beneficial
The data science team, as is very common, has a responsibility for both developing our capabilities in machine learning, and deep analysis of our data, while at the same time servicing a large amount of data requests to enable the business to make decisions, fulfill its regulatory requirements and so on.
With the expansion of the data warehouse the range of questions that we can answer increased, but so too has the complexity of the business. To keep on top of the day to day reporting is consuming enough that it is difficult to progress our more ambitious projects.
On the plus side, by having almost all of our data in the warehouse we have significantly dropped the barrier to entry to solving data problems. You don’t need to be a data ninja to get the result you need. Simply data literate and with a good business understanding.
This presents a great opportunity to compliment the data science team with an analyst, who knows the business very well, and who we can show the data ropes to. This analyst would focus on the day-to-day questions supporting the colleagues they have already been working with. All the while upskilling in the tools of data science.
We’re Pure Planet, the modern, digital energy supplier. We’re a market-disrupting, consumer-focused, award-winning, digital, renewable energy company. Our electricity is 100% renewable, and our gas is 100% carbon offset. We’re the best company to work for in the South West and the second best smaller company in the whole country to work for (Sunday Times/Best Companies 2020). Join us.
We’re powering a cleaner, greener future, committed to helping Britain get to Net Zero emissions as soon as possible. If you want to make a difference in the world, our company is for you. We’re sustainable, built around the need for change, and to protect our environment. Pure Planet uses smart technology and a shared community to deliver a unique service to our Members. As a renewable energy supplier to British householders, we operate in a rapidly-changing and highly competitive market.
- Contributory ethical pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Health cash plan
- Electronic stand up desks throughout the office
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free breakfast and fruit
- Life assurance
- Unlimited holiday
- Cycle to work scheme
- Electric car scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Carbon offset commute to work
- Social events
- Discounted shopping benefits
- Professional development
- Opportunity to influence our proposition and shape our company
- Working with the rest of the lovely team at Pure Planet
Due to COVID19 we all currently work from home and are planning to do so until it’s safe to return to the office. Depending on how government guidelines change over the coming months, this role can either be worked from home or the office or a mixture of both.
We celebrate diversity and know that it’s critical for our success at Pure Planet. We work hard to make sure we’re inclusive. We particularly welcome applications from black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates, LGBTQ+ candidates and candidates with disabilities. We encourage applications from all socio-economic backgrounds. So, if you’re great at what you do and share our values, we want to hear from you.
If you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best, let us know. We’ll be happy to help.
We review CVs as we receive them and interview as soon as we receive good applications. We don’t use closing dates. So, please apply as soon as possible to avoid missing out on this role.