Industry – Renewables & Environment
Employment Type – Full-time, Permanent
Location – London, remote working
Job Function – Commercial Analytics, Data Analytics
Zenobē Energy was established to enable the transition to full zero carbon, non-polluting power and transport systems through the intelligent use of energy storage.
The company has established itself as a UK market leader in battery storage, with 225MW of operational and under construction grid-scale battery capacity and now is a leading firm in the financing and provision of turnkey solutions for electric vehicle fleets. The company has been consistently innovative since its founding in 2017, with major industry firsts in software development, market access, financing and solution provision. It is backed by leading strategic energy storage investors and is uniquely positioned to meet customer demands with innovative solutions. Having raised multiple rounds of equity funding since inception, one of the largest battery portfolios in operation and over 25% of the UK’s EV buses, we are a rapidly growing company looking for talented hires to drive further growth.
We are currently hiring for a Data Analyst to join our commercial analytics team and support on the initial analysis of projects to drive forward the business. As our business portfolio continues to grow, you will be working on setting up the new data infrastructure working closely with our Data Engineers and Platform/Operation teams, collating various data and transforming it into clear, efficient and easily accessible insights to support the operations of our grid scale batteries, electric buses and in house analytics.
A TASTE OF THE DAY TO DAY
- Develop python scripts to transform the data on new infrastructure projects
- Develop high value, data-driven insights as requested by the Operations division, to support client projects
- Understanding live operations bus site and grid scale batteries, reflecting it in the data infrastructure logic
- Set up monitoring tools, post and pre-fault alerting
- Supporting the wider commercial analytics team on specific project requirements
- Work with the wider business and key stakeholders on data focussed specific activities
A BIT ABOUT YOU
The ideal candidate will come from an Electrical Engineering background and have previous working experience within Python – Pandas, AWS, Elastic Search and Grafana. You should have the ability to deliver to tight deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment and have a passion for the sustainable energy sector. The ability to turn complex problems and process into smaller, simpler ones is key.
We have an open, honest and trusting culture here at Zenobē. Apart from the unparalleled opportunity to be at the forefront of the Net Zero revolution we are proud of the culture we have built. Here is what we can offer when you join the Zenobē community;
- At Zenobē we all work hard and go the extra mile so it’s important to rest and regenerate with 25 days holiday which increases after 5 years’ service
- To make your journeys easier we have a Season ticket loan and a Cycle to work scheme plus bike and showers
- Excellent opportunities for personal growth and responsibility plus a training budget
- 20% performance related bonus and company share plan
- As COVID restrictions ease we will return to our central London offices in St James. Due to our rapid growth we are looking to expand our office base in the coming months and this will still be in central London.
- Our ways of working have changed since the pandemic and we promote flexible working including a mix of office and working from home.
- Your wellbeing and health is important to us and we offer Private Medical Insurance (including Mental Health support) cover for you and your family
- Supporting your passion is important to us and we offer one day per year for Volunteering
- Refer a friend bonus of £1500 for introducing great talent into our community
- As our community grows building social connections is key and we regularly organise social events
OUR APPROACH TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Zenobē is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment which is as representative as possible of our society. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership pregnancy /maternity, race, nationality, religion or belief, gender, political beliefs and sexual orientation. Our culture values meritocracy, openness, fairness, and transparency.