About the role
Triodos Bank is one of Europe’s leading sustainable banks, whose mission is to make money work for positive social, environmental and cultural change. We are excited to be recruiting for the role of Data Analyst, sitting within the Business Change and Process Improvement (BCAPI) team, with a focus on Retail Banking. You will be responsible for delivering a suite of metrics to ensure that co-workers in the Customer Operations function have the required data to be able to make informed decisions and understand their demand.
MI and performance management
- Contribute to / deliver ad-hoc data / MI projects in order to assist in driving customer insight through the organisation
- Delivering monthly reports, creating presentations of findings, share insights and keep the business informed of key learnings and developments
- Monitoring customer growth to understand customer segments, growth areas and opportunities to drive cross sell strategy
- Ability to spot issues and trends and make recommendations
- Build reports into Qliksense / PowerBI, using the datamart (Knime) to extract data which can then be used for co-workers to be able to self-serve
- Help forecast and analyse performance trends in an operational Customer Contact Centre to enable the Centre to be operated as efficiently as possible
- Production of monthly reporting packs across several different forums, including: Complaints & Customer Experience, Product Governance Committee, Pricing forum and for the Retail Banking element of the Core Management Committee
- Support Finance with any requests for input or production of reports necessary to satisfy our Regulatory reporting requirements
- TBUK’s subject matter expert in data, ensuring that users can begin to self-serve using the tools which are available to them
- Be the first point of contact for co-workers in the Retail Banking team, playing a pivotal part of answering challenging questions through handling large data and making conclusions from this
Data management and strategy
- Be the eyes and ears of the Data Manager within Operations, on the alert for data sources, processes, reports and all aspects of Operations’ work that could be enhanced or streamlined as part of the ongoing DM improvement and long-term strategy
- Be the focal point of simplicity for reporting and analytics, reducing the number of reports which are generated, to be distilled into key insight
- Help identify the potential barriers and blockers to success and identify quick wins from a Contact Centre productivity and product effectiveness perspective
- Help power the continuous improvement journey, by providing timely feedback and support with implementation of improvements
Internal control and governance
- Apply risk assessment and management principles to assess compliance and operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, to pre-empt any issues and minimise or remove risks
- Ensure all relevant processes/procedures are followed and liaise with the Compliance and Operational Risk teams about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity
- Ensure that internal controls and governance are adhered to and followed and be able to demonstrate adherence to these by keeping appropriate records
- Comply with all regulatory obligations and internal governance to help ensure ethical behaviour which delivers fair outcomes for TBUK customers
Triodos Bank is proud of its culture, ethos and ability to make a positive change in society. It is important that candidates evidence a strong commitment to Triodos Bank’s core values of ethical sustainability and transparency, as well as the personal qualities to live these values.
You will possess the ability to work with co-workers across several different functions including Business Change and Process Improvement, Finance and Marketing to draw on a broad set of data points. It is desirable that you have a working knowledge of data and the management of data, turning data not just into numbers, but meaningful insight which can be actioned. You will have relevant experience of working in a similar role. Ideally you will hold a degree or similar qualification.
Responsible for utilising the benefits of the Qliksense and Knime reporting tools, working with co-workers across the Group and in the UK to establish a data management framework with clear ownership and accountabilities for data and the deployment. You will be the production engine for the Customer Operations team, working across a ‘multi-discipline’ environment needing to prioritise accordingly. Therefore, experience of coding VBA / SQL would also be preferable.
What we offer
In return for your commitment and hard work, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary of up between £35,000 to £40,000, depending on experience, plus a benefits package including:
- Non-contributory pension scheme from your first day of 8% in year 1 and 10% from year 2 onwards
- Life Assurance (worth 4 times basic pay)
- Income Protection – 75% of basic pay after 13 weeks sick and following six months service
- A wellbeing allowance of £100 a year
- Private Medical Insurance
- A Health Cash Plan
- Vitality Leave – After each 7 years of service, you will be able to take a sabbatical of up 2 months paid leave
- 25 days (FTE) plus bank holidays per annum
- A buy and sell holiday scheme of up to 5 days (FTE)
- Additional increase in holiday though length of service (up to 5 days FTE)
- Season Ticket Loan available for commuting into the office
- Voluntary benefits, including discounts and cycle to work scheme
Triodos Bank is proud to be using Rare’s Contextual Recruitment System (CRS) which allows us to consider applicants’ achievements in the context in which they were gained. We understand that not every candidate’s achievements look the same on paper – and we want to recruit the best people, from every background. Once you’ve submitted your application to us, please make sure to check your inbox, and or junk folder, for an email with a link to the CRS form.
Triodos embraces flexibility and diversity in the workplace and is proud to be a Living Wage Employer and a Disability Confident “Committed” employer. Should you wish to discuss flexibility in any way, please do let us know in your application.
Closing date – 9/6/21
27 May 2021