To apply for this job please visit taptapsend.recruiterbox.com.
Taptap Send is VC-backed (including by Reid Hoffman), rapidly growing and a great place for those looking for both impact and a fast-paced tech startup environment. Read more about the journey in Reid Hoffman’s words.
Our product is an app-based solution that lets immigrants send money back home to emerging markets instantly and at very low prices. Since launching in summer 2018, we’ve already moved tens of millions of dollars and reached tens of thousands of customers. We’re live in seven European countries, and we support payments into Senegal, Mali, Guinea, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Cameroon and Bangladesh; with lots more countries launching soon.
Global remittances account for over $500 billion annually, most of which moves back into developing countries. But the market is dominated by traditional services that are expensive, can take days to arrive, and have limited reach in rural areas. We’re helping people to send money instantly and securely at a fraction of the cost.
In addition to Reid Hoffman, we are backed by Canaan, Flourish Ventures, Helios and others. Our team is based across London, New York, Brussels, and Paris and we pride ourselves on hiring exceptional talent — our team members come from a wide variety of top-tier tech companies, professional services firms, and industry leaders, including Twitter, Yahoo, Amazon, Uber, McKinsey, Bain & Co, KPMG, PwC, Cravath, Slaughter and May and Vodafone.
To continue our rapid growth, we’re looking to bring on people who are passionate about our mission and excited to work in a small start-up environment. We offer competitive salaries, stock options and great benefits, and we were recently rated one of the best companies to escape to by Escape the City’s “Escape 100”.
Fresh off a fundraise, and having scaled our business from the thousands to the hundreds of millions of dollars sent in the last year, we are looking for our first full-time dedicated analytics powerhouse. If your passion is getting your hands deep into SQL databases, wrangling them into shape with Python or R, and displaying the results in Looker, Tableau, or the business intelligence tool of your choice, then this is the role for you. No dataset is too small — or too large — for you to attack, and you enjoy presenting results to a range of stakeholders with different levels of understanding of data and the business. You’ll report into the Operations function but provide support across the organization, bringing a data-driven perspective to all our key decisions.
Your responsibilites will include
- Perform regular and ad hoc data analysis — Work across the customer service, customer acquisition, finance, operations, and product teams to produce reporting and analysis answering key business questions
- Establish process and priorities for company data — As the first analytics hire, developing processes around data management, requests, and prioritization will be a core function of the role. You’ll establish best practices that will power data-driven insights across functions and work with the technical team to ensure we have the data and tools we need as we continue to scale
- Use data to inform key business decisions — whether it’s A/B testing product changes, crunching the numbers on new market launches, or optimizing FX management, you’ll wrangle small and large datasets in fresh and original ways to ensure that the whole organization is ‘data-smart’ in its key decisions
- 2+ years of data analytics experience in a finance, consulting, or startup role
- A passion for using data and visualizations to tell stories and answer difficult questions
- Familiarity with SQL/R/Python or similar languages/packages, as well as business intelligence tools like Tableau
- Ability to work independently and juggle competing priorities
- ‘No task too small’ mentality, especially when it comes to cleaning, wrangling, and reconciling data from sources of varying quality
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Right to work in the UK, USA or Belgium