The OVO Group’s purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together – not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Leading Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!
Kaluza is an ecosystem of intelligent platforms powering the future of energy. From revolutionising billing to smart electric vehicle charging, Kaluza’s technology is empowering some of the biggest energy suppliers to better serve their customers. Its real-time cloud platforms transform supplier operations, reducing cost to serve and boosting customer engagement. Powered by Kaluza, suppliers can invest in innovating for tomorrow’s customers and drive decarbonisation with smart, low carbon technologies that not only reduce energy bills, but lay the foundations for a more flexible energy system. For more on Kaluza, head to kaluza.com.
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
We’re looking for a Data (Billing) Assurance Analyst to sit between our Finance and Technology Kaluza Teams. Our aim is to build the rigour around Kaluza’s core platform solutions; consolidating the quality and integrity of data as well as continually improving systems and processes.
We are a small team performing a critical role within Kaluza and we highly value performance and innovation. Your role and contribution will be highly visible within Kaluza and you’ll have the opportunity to be involved in a wide range of projects and initiatives.
What will I be doing?
- Assisting with the design and implementation of the billing testing and revenue assurance program, including the risk-based compliance risk assessment, control testing and assurance plan, and related testing scopes.
- Completing assurance reviews and testing activities, leveraging skills in advanced data analytics.
- Establishing automated queries and dashboards to drive more frequent testing and informative insights. Contribute to financial processes by identifying opportunities for improved adherence to regulatory requirements and company standards.
- Driving execution of multiple concurrent reviews which may be local or multi-jurisdictional, including subsequent management reporting related to review outcomes and findings.
- Challenging colleagues to build efficient, world class technology processes.
- Using data analytics to identify actionable insights which result in material enhancements to the control environment.
Is this the job for me?
We love people with a natural curiosity for data and you’ll also need a strong eye for detail to identify potential gaps and issues in our Billing processes. You will be proactive in suggesting improvements and solutions and will be confident in interacting with a wide range of technical and non-technical stakeholders
Ideally you will have:
- Preferably a 2:1 or above STEM degree
- 5-7 years of experience working within a FinTech, financial institution, or regulatory body
- Strong experience in writing queries in BigQuery and preferably experience with other programming languages, such as using Python or R to interrogate large data sets and identify actionable insights
- Results-driven, pragmatic, and detailed-oriented nature
- An acute love for problem solving and work collaboratively to do so
- The ability to explain complex things easily and translate technical requirements into language accessible by non-technical team members
- Willingness to learn and an interest in compliance
- Experience in creating or utilising test scripts/procedures
From us you’ll get*
- An annual discretionary bonus
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
- And many more…
(*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.