Cervest is building the world’s first open access AI-powered Climate Intelligence platform.
We’re a certified B-Corp with a vision to democratize access to Climate Intelligence driving a shared responsibility to protect the world’s critical assets — including our greatest shared asset, the planet.
It’s an exciting time to join us. We’ve just raised $30m in Series A investment. Our inaugural product, EarthScan™, will launch in 2021. EarthScan™ enables organizations to de-risk business decisions, meet financial disclosure guidelines, improve resilience, and uncover new opportunities to accelerate low-carbon growth.
We’re backed by leading venture capital firms, including Draper Esprit, Future Positive, Lowercarbon Capital, and Astanor Ventures. We are now building up our team in all areas: sales, marketing, science, engineering, and people operations.
As a company, we are a pro-diversity, highly inclusive organization, committed to bringing together people of all backgrounds and enabling them to succeed. We know that a richly diverse team will help us achieve our mission sooner.
We are looking for a Data Engineer with experience of working with large scale, distributed computing to join the team, and help us develop our data platform. The role offers a unique opportunity to join an exciting, early-stage, highly mission-driven team where you’ll have the ability to make a significant impact on our company and our users.
- Working closely with our scientists, product designers and other engineers to build the core components of our data platform that satisfies a set of cross functional requirements
- Harmonising data from disparate sources
- Writing clean Python code to productionise statistical and ML models – including earth science or commercials risk assessment and aggregation models
- Developing ways of monitoring data reliability and quality and tracking provenance
- Work with senior leaders throughout Cervest to make sure that what we are building is best in class for what we are trying to achieve today as well as 12 months from now
- Supporting the delivery of tactical requirements both internal and external as and when they occur
- Hands on experience of designing and developing data engineering pipelines
- Experience using and configuring distributed workflows like the Spark framework (Pyspark/Scala) ideally with Geospatial raster data formats.
- Experience working with datasets that are 100s of Terabytes
- Significant professional Python experience
- Knowledge with different types of data formats such as Parquet, Avro, Protobuf
- Knowledge of configuring clusters for distributed workloads
- Good level of experience / comfort with Cloud Deployment Environments (AWS preferred)
- Knowledge of deploying using Docker
Opportunities to learn, grow and thrive with support from talented and empathetic team mates
We are a remote first company and looking for candidates who would be able to come to our office in London (once travel is sensible) a few times a year using more sustainable transport methods (we’ll help with that) so generally within one time zone of the UK.
Fuller list of benefits on our main career page – we’re an early-stage startup and currently reviewing our benefits in light of becoming a remote-first company. We are committed to ensuring that we support our team in developing in line with their aspirations and talents as well as continuing to develop our culture in line with our values.
- 22 days’ holiday a year (plus 8 UK public holidays or local equivalent)
- The company closes between Christmas and New Year which gives an extra 3-4 days off each year (on top of your 22 days entitlement)
- Remote first company culture
- Flexibility in working times
- £1000 each year to expand your development
- Extensive home office budget
- Paid sick leave for physical and mental health with access to Spill
- Opportunities to learn, grow and thrive with support from talented and empathetic team mates
- We are committed to ensuring that we support our team in developing in line with their aspirations and talents as well as continuing to develop our culture in line with our values.