Sylvera is scaling carbon markets with software. Sylvera does this by applying advanced machine learning techniques to satellite data to quantify with unprecedented accuracy the amount of carbon stored in landscapes. We also provide a holistic picture of offset projects, providing people with the information they need to make informed decisions.
By providing transparency, Sylvera intends to underpin functioning voluntary carbon markets. This will allow the market to scale to keep the planet under 2C of warming, and unlock huge co-benefits for nature and society
What’s my impact? 👩💻👨💻
- At Sylvera we like to build infrastructure for markets – you’ll be a critical bridge between our machine learning, data engineering and backend web development teams
- You’ll contribute to the design and development of geospatial data pipelines and the infrastructure to deliver services to customers
- You’ll help make proprietary and external data feeds available wherever they are needed
- You’ll contribute to internal tooling that is critical for us to scale
What do I need ❓
- 2+ years experience developing Python in an agile environment
- Comfortable with Postgres or similar, ideally using AWS
- You know why tests are important and you love to write them 🙂
- Adaptability and autonomy- we’re a small startup, things change alot and fast
- To care about the future of the planet – you want to solve climate change in the most high leverage way possible
Brownie Points 🍰
- Knowledge of PostGIS and/or working with geospatial pipelines, data, algorithms
- Understanding of CI/CD from practice
- Working with data in a financial or other regulated setting
Feel free to apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. As long as you’re a quick learner, and are excited about changing the carbon markets for the better, we’re happy to support you as you come up to speed with our tech stack.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Sylvera is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
£40-£65k p.a. 0-0.3% Equity. Dependent on experience.
You also get paid to save the world, alongside an amazing team which is nice.
NO AGENCIES THANKS