We are changing things. We are So Energy, a fast-growing 100% renewable energy supplier in the UK. We’re the leading energy supplier for customer service. We’ve won a host of awards too; in each quarter since 2017 we’ve been recognised by Citizens Advice as a top ranked supplier out of a total of 50. We’ve also won the 2020 Moneyfacts Energy Provider of the Year award and been recognised as a Which? recommended energy supplier for 2020. Now we’re looking for people to join our growing team and support our customer base which has tripled in the last 7 months.
We are moving from producing several ad-hoc report based on SQL queries to building a platform in GCP. It will be based on a data warehouse in Google Cloud Platform and with Power BI and Looker on top to provide the equivalent to a report as a service kind of functionalities.
We are looking for someone who has experience building analytics platform with tens of different source of data, someone that can leverage modern tools and programming languages to build ETL pipelines and extract intelligence out of the data. An innovator who is not afraid to put forward ideas for improving team process or suggest new features to the team
Our users (external but also internal) are extremely important to us. Understanding how their experience is throughout the various touch points is very important. Being able to apply data intelligence best practices to be able to understand and later forecast behaviour and trends is the main objective.
- As a Data Engineer at SoEnergy, you will be responsible for building the ETL data pipelines
- Technical ownership, Developing and supporting the Data Lake and Data warehouse within GCP.
- Build real-time & batch data processing pipelines to publish the data in GCP to match the evolving needs of the product and business
- Providing technical support to internal teams within the organisation, and to external when required.
- Coding elegant strategic solutions which are reusable and easily maintainable
- Producing clear concise documentation where required.
- Working closely with the Lead Data Engineering to apply the data strategy, ratifying before creating any ETL pipelines.
- Pro-actively implementing solutions to understand better how internal and external users perform
- Work closely with internal business teams gathering data requirements; translating them to technical artifacts and mapping them to Google Platform.
- In depth experience in implementing Data & Analytics applications in Google Cloud Platform
- Help to delivery GCP data development projects (including: development/coding, testing and deployment into Production)
- Provision data for analytics, data science and machine learning purposes.
- Expertise in design of data solutions for BigQuery
- Expertise in logical and physical data modelling
- Hands on experience using Google Dataflow, GCS, cloud functions, BigQuery, DataProc, Apache Beam (Python) in designing data transformation rules for batch and data streaming
- Solid Python programming skills and using apache beam(Python).
- Structure of CI / CD for data pipelines
- Maintaining technical documents and procedures in confluence.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Competitive salary
- Remote working 2 days a week (We’re currently 100% remote due to Covid-19 restrictions)
- Pension matching as part of auto-enrolment
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays with an extra day for your birthday!
- Ongoing training and development
- Cycle to work
- Season Ticket Loan
- An opportunity to work in a fast-changing changing industry for a leading disruptor in the field who is changing the face of the energy industry
- Work in leafy Chiswick, with free breakfast, monthly drinks and a stunning new office space
So Energy care about helping the energy industry become a much more diverse and inclusive environment and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and building an inclusive environment for all.
If you are interested in finding out more please apply, make sure to complete all the questions to the best of your ability and attached an up to date version of your CV.