To apply for this job please visit res-group.csod.com.
We are searching for an experienced Data Engineer at our Kings Langley or Glasgow offices.
What we offer you……
As a company, leading the way to ensure everyone has access to affordable low carbon energy, RES is proud of its diverse workforce and supports a healthy work-life balance. We offer private healthcare, discounted green travel, 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell 5 days per annum, enhanced family leave and 4 volunteering days.
We are proud of our reputation as leaders in renewable energy and for demonstrating that a zero carbon future is possible, affordable and desirable. The SMART team is a key part of this, providing bespoke software solutions across the global wind, solar and energy storage Support Services business. This includes:
- Retrieving and homogenizing data from a wide range of operational renewable energy power plants, in particular solar farms and wind farms
- Analyzing operational data from renewable energy power plants, including data from Condition Monitoring Systems
- Providing flexible reporting solutions for internal and external clients
- Creating engineering analysis tools used by specialists to detect and prevent faults
- Using machine learning and artificial intelligence to automate the application of specialist knowledge
Data Engineer Role
The Data Engineer is a key role within the SMART (Site Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Tool) team. The Data Engineer role exists to architect, implement and support new software processes to collect and standardise critical data from renewable assets and related systems.
The Data Engineer has responsibilities including:
- Evaluation of solar farm and wind farm SCADA systems to determine the best data extraction approach
- Working together with the Product Owner and Software Developers to deliver new software products following the Scrum development methodology
- Choosing the right technology, architecture and infrastructure for each product in consultation with other software developers and the Product Owner
- Maintaining high operational performance; monitor and troubleshoot data feed outages or underperformance and implement countermeasures to prevent them in future
- Demonstrating completed work at wrap up meetings
- Following and contributing to team working agreement
- Contributing to the strategic technical direction of the product
- Delivering work which is applicable to wind, solar and storage assets in all markets
- Supporting continuous improvement of team tools and practices
The Data Engineer reports to the SMART Product Manager within Group Technical. The Data Engineer will work in a team which includes Software Developers, Product Owners, Software Support Specialists and Data Scientists. The role’s impact is to support growth of the Support Services business through quick integration of new assets and excellent performance of existing data feeds.
- Modbus (in particular for solar farm inverters)
- Web APIs
- SQL databases
- Cloud based application deployment (Azure or similar)
- Continuous Integration Systems (including Jenkins and Azure DevOps)
- Testing frameworks (including NUnit)
- Version Control systems (in particular Github)
Knowledge & Experience
- Solar farm SCADA systems
- Wind farm SCADA systems
- Scrum / Agile methodology
- Continuous deployment
- Ability to discuss and implement data transformations and numerical algorithms
- Ability to understand users’ success criteria and design software to achieve their required outcomes
- Ability to integrate with an existing international team
- Degree in Computer Science, Science, Engineering or a technical discipline
- Relevant experience working as a SCADA engineer, data engineer, data scientist or software developer
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.