Who we are
We are a sustainability-driven FinTech firm on a mission to connect all investors to their own investments.
Tumelo is an angel investor-backed, financial technology firm building soware that will educate and empower investors all over the world.
We partner with UK’s largest investment and pension platforms, empowering them to provide their investors with transparency over the companies they own and a shareholder voice on issues they care about, whether that be gender equality, human rights or climate change. We build APIs and beautiful user interfaces to deliver a totally unique user experience. We give platforms better engagement, acquisition and retention, coupled with the power to create a sustainable investment system for us all.
We’re a close-knit, ambitious team. Based in and around the South West, we work in an agile manner; championing transparency and flexibility while prioritising open communication. We love food, rounders, board games and team holidays (like painting and cliff jumping in Devon).
Our Vision: To give every investor a voice.
Our Mission: To empower platforms to engage investors.
1. We do our best work to achieve our vision
2. We pull together to achieve more for users & customers
3. We are masters of prioritisation
4. We adapt relentlessly
5. We give each other feedback to move each other forwards 6. We trust each other to drive towards success
This is an exceptional opportunity to get stuck in at a fast-paced, tech-focus, impact-driven start-up. As Data & Operations Analyst, you will be immersed in start-up life, collaborating closely with the product, technical and sales teams – sourcing and managing the data that glues these teams together.
As Data and Ops Analyst at Tumelo, you will:
- Coordinate and format data coming into and out of Tumelo’s platform so that all teams have timely data in a useful form for the correct users/clients
- Ensure data we are sharing with clients/users through our platform and APIs is top quality and up to date e.g. make sure logos match companies; that company bios are accurate; that external links are functional
- Problem-solve to automate and streamline manual processes as they arise; think creatively about how to maximise data efficiency
- Strategically address the scalability of data operations e.g. automation vs creating a team
- Support Tumelo’s research team to produce insights and analytics reports for clients
- Communicating processes to the wider team to ensure everyone is on the same page and able
to carry out the tasks
Who you are:
- We are looking for an exceptional individual who encapsulates our company values.
- You are passionate, with great attention to detail, a hands-on attitude, and an entrepreneurial,
- You are a strong communicator who can represent the business externally, taking calls
confidently and writing great emails.
- You love tech; with an ability to apply it creatively and learn it better.
- You’re organised, time-efficient and focused on getting stuff done.
- You have the flexible attitude required in a start-up environment, with the capacity and
willingness to continuously adapt as Tumelo develops and grows.
- You work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
- You have a demonstrable passion for social, environmental and/or governance issues.
- You are not afraid to ask for help from the team or to put your ideas forward.
- You have the right to work in the UK with fluent spoken and written English.
We’re open-minded about the right person for this role. We’ll be looking out for candidates who are able to demonstrate the qualities above e.g. previous requirement for professional writing/calls; use/exploration of different technical applications; roles where you’ve worked to tight deadlines and under pressure.
Experience defining and maintaining data processes in order to ensure clean, reliable data is a big bonus. You must be proficient in writing python scripts and very comfortable working with excel.
The finer detail:
• Full-time role preferred
• Flexible hours (core hours of 10-3)
• Flexible working from home with 8 days/month in Bristol office • Generous company share scheme
• Competitive salary based on experience
• 5% employer pension contribution
• Flexible holiday policy of 33 days incl bank holiday
• email application • CV
• A covering note detailing the life experience that makes you amazing; why you’re good for us; and especially why we’re right for you.
• remote video interview
There will be opportunities to ask questions throughout. If Tumelo sounds like a bit of you and if you are excited to ride this rollercoaster alongside us, then please apply
Start date: ASAP