The ABB FIA Formula E Championship is the world’s first fully-electric international single-seater racing series and one of the fastest growing sports on the planet.
Consisting of some of the world’s finest drivers and greatest car manufacturers, the Championship brings close-combat, wheel-to-wheel
racing to the streets of the most progressive cities.
Formula E is more than just a race. With a grid made up of all-electric cars, it’s a competitive platform to test and develop road-relevant technologies, helping to refine the design of electric vehicles while promoting the uptake of clean mobility to tackle air pollution on a global scale.
WORKING WITH US
At Formula E, we have created an environment that supports our colleagues to perform at their best. We are innovative, curious and we love the world we live in which is why we value sustainability. We believe that work should be fun and, whilst we are passionate about delivery, we are one team and supporting each other is key to our success.
Working closely with the Insight and Analytics and Technology teams, the Data Lead will be responsible for ensuring the quality of data used across the business. They will also be tasked with the development and implementation of scripts for database maintenance, monitoring, performance tuning and additional related tasks as reasonably required.
The successful candidate will design and lead on datasets relating to social media, telemetry, broadcast audiences, digital media as well as more broad cultural and situational data pertinent to the development of our sport.
The focus of this role is on developing a data infrastructure through which to analyse the development of Formula E, working on an end to end data solution – from working with the data engineer to ingest data from APIs, IOT sensors, and other high volume sources to cleaning, validating and storing data, aggregating information and providing a platform for analysis by working on the data lake. You will work on creating predictive models and identify trends and ways to optimise performance.
We use a variety of programming languages and believe in the right tool for each job.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
– Design data systems that will scale to service teams across the business
– Acquire data from multiple sources, filtering, cleaning and wrapping
– Importing data between sources and databases
– Data transformations to allow search, indexing and relational discovery
– Develop process improvement opportunities
– Build scalable data pipelines and dashboards to enable business KPI tracking
– Develop predictive models to project against investment scenarios
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for someone with experience of:
– Statistical modelling, machine learning and data mining
– Developing data lakes and big data systems
– Dashboard and BI development
– Collation and modelling based on CRM data
– Multiple programming and scripting languages
– Experience with network and web related protocols
JOIN ONE OF THE UK’S TOP 25 HOTTEST COMPANIES TO WORK FOR, AS CHOSEN BY LINKEDIN
To apply please send us your CV and a covering letter