If you have the skills to effectively manage difficult tasks, if you’re proactive and have a keen eye for detail, then we want you as a Debt Recovery Assistant.
The role is very varied – from managing relationships with debt collection agencies and co-ordinating the compulsory fitting of pay as you go meters, to reviewing payment arrangements for our customers or simply cleansing and updating our customer data.
You’ll also work with other departments to fix any issues preventing debt collection, and liaise closely with our collections team, helping them to support customers who are behind on their energy bills.
Your work will have a significant impact on both the business and customers, so getting it right first time is crucial.
You are someone who is passionate about helping our customers and can think outside of the box. You have experience in customer service and have excellent verbal and written communication skills, investigative skills and great eye for detail.
What you will do…
- Escalate accounts to our third party debt collection agencies and manage any queries as a result of this
- Co-ordinate the end to end process of force fitting pay as you go meters for those customer who are not willing to co-operate.
- Review payment arrangements for our customers
- Manage accounts where the customer has sadly passed away
- Investigate and resolve complex customer or account queries, providing resolutions within the agreed timeframes
- Work with other departments to fix accounts so they can go through debt recovery process
- Manage the sending of reminders to customers who haven’t paid
What will you bring
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Ability to build rapport
- Experience in providing an excellent level of customer service
- Good computer literacy, including Microsoft word and Excel
- Excellent listening skills and verbal & written communication skills
- Effective objection handling
- Numeracy and problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience in using multiple IT systems simultaneously
- Ability to organise workload and multiple priorities
- Committed to continual improvement
Ecotricity is Britain’s greenest energy company. When we started back in 1995, we were the first company in the world to supply a new kind of electricity – the green kind.
Our mission was and remains to change the way energy is made and used in Britain – by replacing fossil fuels with clean, renewable energy.
We don’t just supply green energy, we use the money from our customers’ bills to make it ourselves too – we build windmills and sun parks in Britain. We call this ‘bills into mills’. In 2021, we’re starting work on building two new solar parks, and in 2022 we’re bringing geothermal energy to our customers’ fuel mix, a first in the UK. We’re also developing green gas mills which will generate 100% green gas from a source that will never run out – grass.
We don’t just focus on energy though – we built the Electric Highway, Britain’s leading network of electric vehicle charge points, we helped Forest Green Rovers become the greenest football club in the world, and, in partnership with RSPB, we launched Britain’s greenest mobile phone service, Ecotalk + RSPB.