A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 600 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
Our vision is bold, our product is new and will require global top talent to make it happen. In this position, you will report to the Head of Digital Technology and work closely with our Digital Programme Manager and Product Managers.
The company is embarking on an entirely new aircraft concept, which will be vertically integrated through our Digital Platform and offered direct to customers. Our vision is to deliver
outstanding customer value and highly efficient operation to become a new state-of-the-art service proposition. Delivering these digital capabilities will be vital to Lilium’s future success.
The Digital Programme is broad in its scope of responsibility, providing the necessary systems that will manage our service, the aircraft fleet and vertiports. With the customer at the very centre of our focus, we will provide journey booking, communication and identification services amongst other passenger services. As our new Digital Delivery Lead, you will be responsible for driving the end-to-end delivery of the programme and ensuring that it adheres to agreed time, cost and quality tolerances. You will be directing delivery across multiple, inter-dependent workstreams with a mix of ‘build’ and ‘buy’ components.
The complexity of the programme is high, containing dependencies within our team as well as into the aircraft engineering and production divisions and vertiport operations. We also have many external operational and regulatory stakeholders such as our pilots, customer services, Airline Operating Companies (AOCs) and maintenance organisations. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team that creates new technology solutions to make regional air mobility scalable. You’ll be working alongside like-minded colleagues to make a significant contribution to the launch of a revolutionary new form of transport.
We strongly believe that our air transportation service is a true benefit for cities and people around the world, with low noise and zero air pollution, as well as affordable pricing, it will enrich how we live our lives and enable many more opportunities for humankind.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. This position will be based in London.
Your Day to Day:
- Responsible for driving the end-to-end delivery of all capabilities within the Digital Programme, ensuring all delivery and releases adhere to agreed time, cost and quality tolerances.
- Manage the delivery of a diverse portfolio of projects for stakeholders across the airline, customer, vertiport and cross-platform teams, involving a mixture of both ‘build’ and ‘buy’.
- Leading the definition and embedding of effective and efficient delivery processes, ceremonies and tooling, ensuring the team have what they need to be successful.
- Ensure the delivery of the Digital Programme adheres to all governance processes, such as architectural, security and quality.
- Work closely with the Digital Programme Manager to lead a collaborative and transparent planning and estimation process with the teams, ensuring priorities, conflicts and dependencies are captured, communicated and managed.
- Identification and tracking of any issues, risks and constraints, to be raised to the Digital Programme Manager for unblocking and escalation.
- Responsible for identifying and applying learnings, to contribute towards continuous improvements and efficiencies across the Digital Programme and with wider stakeholders.
- Shaping and building a high performance delivery team, recruiting talented scrum masters, project managers and engineers.
- Be motivated by fast paced environments, where a high degree of autonomy and personal responsibility are given to teams in order to create success.
- Have managed the successful delivery of exciting and innovative new products in a complex, mission-critical environment with a mixture of agile build and buy workstreams.
- Be an expert in agile delivery and project management frameworks, tools and processes, able to successfully deliver complex, multi-workstream programmes.
- Be fluent in English and have excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Be passionate about constantly getting better – with the drive to create continuous improvements across the organisation.
What can you expect from us
- We have a low ego culture where the best idea will be embraced, whomever it comes from. We will both support your individual success and challenge your views in an open, honest and respectful manner.
- We believe that clear individual responsibility is vital to our success and will therefore give you the support, autonomy and ownership necessary for you to achieve your best
- We have an open communication style, both at a company level (with regular Q&A sessions and learning opportunities) and at an individual basis.
- In everything we do, we are driven by our shared ambition to create a brand new mode of transport. Our entrepreneurial and innovation principles guide an approach where we are pushing the bounds of what’s possible, whilst also ensuring our culture continues to be respectful and inclusive.
Life at Lilium:
You are joining us as we are building our global footprint. While the current COVID-19 restrictions mean that many of us are working remotely we are still making the most out of this time. Meet fellow colleagues via our culture sessions and free weekly yoga classes, or improve your German or English with our free language courses.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.