SYSTEMIQ orchestrates system change in clean energy, circular material solutions and sustainable land use. This means re-imagining our industries, re-configuring the world of energy, and regenerating the ecosystems around us. By addressing systemic failures in these areas, SYSTEMIQ aims to unlock economic opportunities that benefit business, society, and the environment.
Since our start in 2016, we have grown to more than 250 people working across locations in Brazil, Germany, Indonesia, the Netherlands, and the UK.
Our work includes:
- Developing a Marshall Plan for the global ocean on behalf of 14 heads of state,
- Co-leading the Circular Economy Initiative for Germany (CEID), jointly with Acatech, the German National Academy of Science and Engineering,
- Developing a “System Change Compass” to help guide the EU’s Green Deal and COVID Recovery Package,
- Accelerating the growth of the world’s largest portfolio of regenerative tropical forest businesses through our Impact Accelerator, including our work with Partnership for Forests,
- Managing the Energy Transitions Commission in aiming to accelerate transitions to zero carbon energy systems,
- Building and scaling Indonesia’s most important frontline solution for stopping plastic pollution entering our precious oceans through Project STOP,
- Working with prominent global corporates and SMEs to turn into pioneers of system change in their respective industries
Our plastic work
Plastic has been a major focus of SYSTEMIQ since our founding in 2016. We have found ourselves at the heart of some of the most important plastic debates with large corporates, governments, multi-lateral organizations, the financial sector, innovators and civil society.
In 2020 we launched “Breaking the Plastic Wave”, an 18-month project driven by a conviction that a new evidence base was required to plot a science-based pathway towards a circular and zero-leakage plastic economy. This has been received as a seminal, game-changing publication which ended up published in the cover of the journal Science. Since then we have done a number of system-change projects on plastic, from running a Consumer Goods Forum CEO-level coalition with some of the world’s largest brands and retailers, working with the World Bank to help governments in the Global South prioritize their work on plastic, developing Plastic IQ to help corporates develop a robust packaging strategy, work with large corporates to define their ambitions and strategies, or support innovators and disruptors develop strategies to penetrate the market. Our work on plastic has been a big source of pride, impact and commercial success for SYSTEMIQ, and we are looking to continue growing our program over the years to come.
The Deputy Plastic Lead will work together with our Plastic Lead (Yoni Shiran, Partner) to continue expanding the plastic work into new impact areas and new system change initiatives. The Deputy Plastic Lead will be expected to lead 2-3 projects at a time (each led by a full time project manager and a full team), probably a combination of corporate clients, public sector clients, and innovators. A successful candidate will have the ability to:
- Co-create approaches with our partners/clients to overcome the perceived trade-offs between economic viability, ecosystem regeneration, and social inclusion and wellbeing,
- Work with project managers to help them set strategic direction of project, lead relationship with clients and provide general quality control,
- Bring data together in a consistent way and perform analyses based on agreed questions for insights,
- Develop long-lasting and collaborative relationships with external and internal stakeholders,
- Provide strategic insights and develop practical solutions for successful transformations
This role is can be based in our London or Amsterdam or Munich offices.
Ideal candidates will have demonstrated contribution to change and impact, e.g., in thought leadership/research, project management, client relations, or stakeholder management. You have a strong record in professional excellence, and/or relevant academic achievements, and/or demonstrable curiosity and understanding of systems change.
You have proven yourself in different contexts and are keen to work in a young, entrepreneurial company where you can get involved in a variety of work, shape the business, and make maximum impact. You are inspired by SYSTEMIQ’s mission and approach to system change.
Specifically, you ideally come with a combination of the following mindset, skills, and experience:
- Passion for SYSTEMIQ’s mission and the sustainability / environment / social enterprise space,
- At least 5-8 years of experience in advisory/consulting or another professional services firm, preferably in an international environment and working with senior stakheholders,
- Understanding and/or experience in the plastic space – a big advantage (and if not, a strong desire to get deep into the topic and build expertise),
- Master’s degree or equivalent,
- Advanced problem-solving and analytical skills,
- Skills and experience of relationship management on a senior level,
- Collaborative team player and can-do attitude,
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to identify opportunities and new initiatives and to turn them into reality,
- Resilience under stress and resourcefulness to deliver.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are keen to receive applications from all parts of the community.
You must have the Right to Work in the location for the position you are applying for – SYSTEMIQ usually cannot provide sponsorship.
Please complete the required fields and upload your CV.