To apply for this job please visit www.tokamakenergy.co.uk.
Reporting to the ST40 Project Manager, the Design Engineer will be a key member of the Tokamak Energy Engineering team, responsible for detailed engineering design of the company’s projects and systems. He/she will interface with senior managers and advisors to produce 2D and 3D CAD models from design schemes and layouts and be responsible for detailed component manufacturing drawings. It is further envisaged that candidates will have several years’ experience, possess a broad knowledge of low volume manufacturing methods and practices, and be used to working flexibly and autonomously as part of a small team and have 3D CAD experience.
- To create 2D and 3D detailed drawings using solid edge
- To prepare and create manufacturing drawings of approved designs, individual production parts and assembly drawings
- To produce drawings for tender submissions
- To maintain an up to date technical awareness of the business requirements
- To carry out all duties in accordance with the company Health and Safety policy
- To work closely with the ST40 assembly team during the build phase of the project to help resolve any build/assembly issues
- To work to the requirements of the drawing office control system
- Work closely with the Design and Products teams to coordinate and effectively plan and programme the designs to ensure the assembly team have suitable time to meet key installation dates and deadlines
- Liaise directly with subcontractors where required
- To undertake any other duties or special projects as may be regarded within the responsibility of the post
Essential selection criteria
- Degree level in mechanical engineering or CAD design or equivalent
- Working knowledge and experience of solid edge software
- Special purpose machine systems
- Process equipment and tooling
- Vacuum systems and vacuum chambers
- Mechanical structure
Desirable selection criteria
- Familiarity with Team Centre for drawing control
- Experience of design for high magnetic fields
- Electrical drawing experience
- Wide knowledge of materials used in scientific applications (metal alloys/ceramics/composites)
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Eligible for company share option scheme after 1 years’ service
- Company bonus scheme, discretionary, dependant on performance
- Private medical insurance after 3 months service
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 10 days of submitting, your application then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. However, we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
No terminology in the advert or job description is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
How to apply
Please submit your CV with a covering letter detailing your experience
Important information for candidates
Please note that the appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to standard pre-employment screening, as applicable to the post. This will include right-to-work, proof of identity and references.
Please note that any personal data submitted to Tokamak Energy as part of the job application process will be processed in accordance with the GDPR and related UK data protection legislation, for more information regarding GDPR please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation
Equality of Opportunity
Entry into employment with the Tokamak Energy and progression within employment will be determined only by personal merit and the application of criteria which are related to the duties of each post and the relevant salary structure. In all cases, ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration. No applicant or member of staff shall be discriminated against because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.