Location: Flexible with option to commute to London on occasions
The OVO Group’s purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together – not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Leading Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
At Kantan, we’re changing the lives of tradespeople by giving them the tools to excel in a competitive marketplace. Our product is an operating system for tradespeople that helps them make more money, manage their customers and manage their business. We are scaling rapidly and are on track to reach 2,000 tradespeople and 300,000 households by the end of 2020. We are funded by the OVO Group and have formed key industry partnerships that are helping us to realise our goal of revolutionising the £45 billion home services industry. Read more about us here.
What will I be doing?
We’re looking for an exceptional hands on Design Lead with mobile app development experience who can bring our product vision to life through an effortless and intuitive end to end customer experience.
Key responsibilities include:
- Owning design problems end to end, from initial concept through shipping and beyond
- Creating wireframes and prototypes to solve difficult UX problems
- Obsessing over the details of visual design
- Building a consistent brand and experience across all aspects of the product
- Designing systems to make simple, elegant experiences that belie the complexity of the underlying technology
- Working with product to define requirements, not just translate them to design
- Identifying future opportunities, working as a key thought partner to your counterparts in product, engineering, and ops
- Collaborating with engineers to build your amazing designs
- Ship, measure, and improve your designs based on quantitative and qualitative feedback
Is this the job for me?
- Experience working in a Senior Designer or Design Lead role
- In-house mobile app development experience
- Ability to solve complex design problems
- A portfolio showing your high quality, thoughtful UI and UX work
- Effective prototyping skills
- A track record of shipping great design, and an understanding of what details matter at each stage of the release cycle
- Comprehensive knowledge of mobile and web design patterns (and when to break them)
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.