Closing Date:5 July 2021
First Interview Dates:Week commencing 19th July
About the role
We are looking for an Administration Assistant to join our Development team. In this role, you will be providing general administrative support, including team and project management, helping to develop and maintain effective systems and processes and assisting with donor communications, funding applications and reporting.
Our Development department is responsible for raising funds to enable the organisation to deliver its mission – using the power of the law to protect our planet.
Meet your Manager
In this role, you will be managed by Sonia Duckett, our Database Manager who is based in London. Sonia joined ClientEarth in January 2020 and has over 10 years experience in the not-for-profit sector, having worked in a number of database management roles over the years. Her most recent roles include working as the Senior Database Coordinator for Y Care International until 2020 and prior to this was Research and Insights Officer at Teach First where she led on data insight and prospect management provision for the Development Department.
- Managing the team’s post
- Managing supporter email inboxes and responding to supporter enquiries
- Being the main point of contact for supporter enquiries by phone
- Assisting with data entry
- Processing purchase requests and invoices
- Helping to schedule and book meetings,
- Preparing meeting agendas, summaries and minutes
- Helping the team to use collaboration, project planning and organisational systems
See the job description (below) for a full list of duties for this role.
- Educated to GCSE Maths and English grade B or equivalent
- Experience of providing administrative support to large teams including:
- Meeting coordination, room booking, and agenda creation (essential)
- Dealing with general enquiries via telephone and email (essential)
- Working with shared mailboxes (desirable)
- Working with databases and document storage systems (desirable)
- Finance, include paying invoices (desirable)
- An interest in environmental issues such as climate change and air pollution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
See the job description (below) for a full list of requirements for this role.
Application process: To apply for this role you will need to:
- Upload a copy of your CV
- Write a cover letter/supporting statement outlining your suitability for the role and your motivations for applying to ClientEarth
- Answer two job-specific questions
We highly recommend you read our Practical Tips page before you start on your application.
Have a question about this job or ClientEarth? Please visit our Careers site for advice on applying, FAQs, and more.
Flexible working: Post-covid, we are giving our staff the choice to decide where they want to work for 80% of their month, with the other 20% of their month being office-based. See our Benefits page for more.
ClientEarth values diversity and inclusion and the benefits this brings. We aim to appoint the most suitable candidate at all times and welcome applications from people from all different backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently under-represented in our organisation.
Please note that ClientEarth is only able to employ those who have the pre-existing legal right to work in the UK.
ClientEarth is not a law firm and does not provide legal advice or legal services to third parties.