We are changing things. We are So Energy, a fast-growing 100% renewable energy supplier in the UK. We’re the leading energy supplier for customer service. We’ve won a host of awards too; in each quarter since 2017, we’ve been recognised by Citizens Advice as a top-ranked supplier out of a total of 50. We’ve also won the 2020 Moneyfacts Energy Provider of the Year award and been recognised as a Which? recommended energy supplier for 2020. Now we’re looking for people to join our growing team and support our customer base which has tripled in the last 7 months.
Are you an experienced DevOps Engineer who wants to work in a high performing and growing multi-disciplinary team? We are looking for someone confident in their skills to come and make a big impact on our website and online resources. If you love taking ownership, keep on reading.
The main roles and responsibilities would include design, build and support the SO Energy public and private cloud infrastructure.
We are looking for someone that understands what it takes to deploy software. Someone familiar with microservice architecture. Someone comfortable with Linux but also with Windows. The successful candidate will help us define and own the deployment pipeline and monitor our public and internal tools, help to provide and maintain availability, scalability and reliability in all of our services.
- Design, build and support the public and private cloud infrastructure using AWS, GCP, Terraform & Kubernetes.
- Work within cross-functional engineering teams to build products and services.
- Automate wherever possible
- Deploy new digital products with cloud first strategy.
- Balance short-term delivery with building long-term strategic components.
- Someone who loves and breaths technology around cloud computing/Kubernetes/infrastructure.
- Someone who enjoys building cloud-based platforms, tools and other infrastructure that increase the efficiency, speed and stability of the digital products we are building.
- Someone who wants to work in an environment where they’re solving problems for our internal and external stakeholders.
- We also want someone who can communicate their ideas and who knows the work they do is even more valuable.
- Someone who is very well organized with the ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Someone who stays up to date with security best practices and Integrate security at every level of the stack.
- Most importantly we want someone who is willing to learn and work at pace.
- Competitive salary
- Remote working 2 days a week (We’re currently 100% remote due to Covid-19 restrictions)
- Pension matching as part of auto-enrolment
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays with an extra day for your birthday!
- Ongoing training and development
- Cycle to work
- Season Ticket Loan
- An opportunity to work in a fast-changing changing industry for a leading disruptor in the field who is changing the face of the energy industry
- Work in leafy Chiswick, with free breakfast, monthly drinks and a stunning new office space
So Energy care about helping the energy industry become a much more diverse and inclusive environment and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and building an inclusive environment for all.
If you are interested in finding out more please apply, make sure to complete all the questions to the best of your ability and attached an up to date version of your CV.