Do you want a rubbish job?
Waste production is one of the world’s biggest crises and the only viable solution is the complete transition to a circular global economy. As of today, over 90% of the world’s recyclable waste ends up in landfills and incinerators, mainly due to the high cost of manual waste sorting.
At Recycleye, we’re creating a paradigm shift in the global waste management industry by allowing our clients to turn the world’s waste into a profit centre. By combining groundbreaking computer vision, machine learning and robotics technologies like never before, we are on a mission to fully automate the $2.5 trillion waste recycling industry.
We already count several of the world’s largest waste management companies amongst our clients (including Veolia, which has a market cap of over £20bn) and are experiencing accelerated growth.
As such, we’re searching for an experienced MLOps pro who wants to join a high-growth startup to orchestrate and develop our model deployments.
As part of the team you will enhance the model build pipeline to be scalable and easy to use by non-technical staff. You will be a helping to manage configurations – train models, pull datasets, containerise and productionise code (including tests).
The role requires a good understanding of cloud services and complex problems/ML concepts. You will develop production ready code from data augmentation to model training and enhance our existing automated pipeline with quality control gates for manual or automatic review.
We strongly believe in upskilling and have a number of highly talented engineers to help with training. We will put you on courses to improve your qualifications and fill-in any gaps, so don’t worry if you do not currently have all the skills. We value commitment and personality over current ability.
- Enhance the ML pipeline for training, containerising, tuning, and deploying computer vision models
- Identifying and implementing toolsets to best scale model production and monitoring for many clients
- Building and maintaining airflow pipelines
- Integrating our tech stack into tools to help keep models performing in the presence of data drift
- Sense-check and build some of the crazy ideas our CV engineers want to try and orchestrate large scale reproducible experiments
- Build scalability and modularity into the system
You’re a good fit if you:
- Are passionate about the green revolution
- Are ambitious and want to change the world
- Have a growth mindset and are willing to learn and adapt
- Are excited about working in a startup
- Have a demonstrable history of being an obsessed hacker
- Passion for all things MLOps
- Experience with Docker, github actions etc.
- Good software/Python skills – able to write high quality + tested code
- Experience with deep learning concepts and/or image manipulation
- Experience with Airflow
- 0-0.25% equity
- Unlimited holidays
- Flexible working hours and location
- Extensive upskilling opportunities
- Career growth opportunities as the company grows