We believe energy should be better – for you and the environment.
We believe energy should be better – for you and the environment. We’re a leading energy technology company providing a better experience for our customers through transparency, honesty and simplicity. Better for the planet, through real long-term investment in renewable generation and a low CO2 future. Better value, by throwing away the old business models of the “Big 6” and instead building a business that’s fit for the 21st century. We make energy green and flexible for consumers, with fair and transparent pricing. Through our home developed platform, cloud-based billing, and sophisticated use of data science, modelling and AI, we’re redefining what is possible in energy.
Our breakthrough Agile tariff has been widely reported as leading the way in energy innovation, and we’re passionate about fairness – we were first to uncover the widespread strategy of energy company tease and squeeze pricing and following on from this campaign, our CEO and Founder Greg Jackson presented evidence in favour of capping energy tariff prices before the bill committee in Parliament.
We already supply 100% renewable energy to nearly 2 million homes and over 15,000 businesses (including Arsenal FC and the Cardiff Blues to help them power their stadiums with 100% renewable energy) throughout Great Britain and we’re also the supplier behind M&S Energy. We’re award winning for our disruptive technology and are delighted to be the only energy supplier to pass the rigorous Which? customer service tests and be their only recommended energy supplier for 4 years in a row.
We also proudly enjoy a 5-star TrustPilot ranking from our customers. We were named the Company that’s done the most in the past year to advance UK renewables at the REA Awards 2019, and most recently, our proudest award, that of Best Company to Work For. Our group includes Octopus Energy, Octopus for Business, Kraken Technology, Octopus Electric Vehicles and Octopus Energy Services as well as our new net zero Centre – Octopus Centre for Net Zero.
We recently secured over £500 million of investment from Origin, Australia’s largest Energy Company andTokyo Gas, to help us continue on our mission.
Come work for an exciting, fast-growing tech-led business and build a fantastic career in Energy! We are looking for diligent, enthusiastic people with excellent written communication, to join our awesome Digital Operations team as a Digital Energy Specialist.
As a tech-led business, the vast majority of our customers interact with us digitally. This means that our email responses have to be fast (within a few hours) and come from someone thoughtful who is knowledgeable about the complicated energy industry.
What you’ll do
- You will provide flexible customer support via our cloud based platforms which is vital in our rapidly growing business
- You will be home based with flexible hours whilst being part of a supportive and inspiring team
- You will work 37.5 hours a week (flexible Monday-Sunday, 8am-10pm), where you are free to select your days/hours a week in advance. You must do a minimum of 6 hours on either Saturday/Sunday. We may request extra adhoc support during busy periods
What you’ll need
- A passion to join a rapidly growing energy company which is revolutionising the industry that it operates in
- To be comfortable chatting with customers online or via phone
- At least 1-2 years of customer service experience – we want to know you’re comfortable talking to people!
- To be tech savvy and have an interest in new technologies. Independent learner and enjoys learning new things.
- To be an excellent writer, and can support your work with helpful screenshots or videos. We use a mixture of great tools including Slack, Intercom, Kraken and email, and meetings via Google Hangout
If this opportunity sounds like you and you have a genuine passion for what we’re doing at Octopus Energy then we’d love to hear from you.
At Octopus, we’re looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, a diverse and inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone. You are welcome to apply no matter your race, gender identity, sexuality, age, family or civil status, disability, religion, or ethnicity.